CNN was interviewing a half-dozen Democratic voters (in Youngstown, Ohio) who in frustration with the system had voted for Trump. They gathered them together after a year and they were all pleased with the current administration and would vote for him again. They liked him because they 'felt' the economy was getting better:
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Industries are booming everywhere I've seen.
SAVIDGE: I look around here and I don't see a boom.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, in this area, no, but I feel like there's small businesses that are starting to pick up.
When asked about what he says and his tweeting the female responded:
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He's like tenacious sometimes and says stuff off the cuff, like we do. Like real Americans do. We're not perfect. I'm tired of suave, I'm tired of polished, I'm tired of the teleprompter. I am, I want my country back.
So, I decided to revisit some of what our President has said to be more reassured.
- "Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich. I was always the best at what I did, I was the -- I was, you know, I went to the -- I went to the Wharton School of Finance, did well."
- "I created maybe the greatest brand."
- "Just -- and so -- so I was successful, successful, successful."
- "I was always the best athlete, people don't know that."
- "And then people say oh, is he a smart person? I'm smarter than all of them put together, but they can't admit it."
- "I've been, you know, pretty successful in the courts over the years, I've been a very successful person, you can check."
- "No, I'm not a racist. I'm the least racist person you will ever interview."
- "I'm a person that wants to tell the truth. I'm an honest person, and what I'm saying, you know is exactly right."
- "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."
- "Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault."
- "I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful."
- "I think I can't do much better, right?"
- "Now, you know, I was a good student. I always hear about the elite. You know, the elite. They're elite? I went to better schools than they did. I was a better student than they were. I live in a bigger, more beautiful apartment, and I live in the White House, too, which is really great."