Saturday, September 11, 2004

I miss the dog

As we enter fall and the crisp weather that makes me want to be outside more, I find that I miss our old dog who passed away a number of years ago. We are in transition in terms of where we live the next year or so and, as a result, cannot have a dog.

Dogs are the best tranquilizer because they are happy all the time and they never hold a grudge (unless you are a mean S.O.B.) They also make you get out of the house and exercise. If you work with them, they become better than human because they can read your mind and really observe your body language and unlike most of the people you spend time with, they actually want to please you.

They also keep you in touch with the fact that you, like them, are a biological animal. Maybe I will visit my friend next week who has some golden lab puppies and just play with them!

Let's see... if Bush was a dog what type would he be? If Kerry was a dog...?




1 comment:

  1. Generally speaking dogs are very friendly and faithful compared to cats. The former often is said to be positive, while the latter negative. However I myself love cats. Your story reminds me of my old cat who passed away due to a car accident about 15 years ago.
    I have no idea what type of dog Bush or Kerry would be (wry smile).

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.