Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Co-evolution

I just read the "My world and Welcome to It" blog (the javascript doesn't seem to be working so it can be found at: http://www.welcomemyworld.blogspot.com/).

Anyway, one of the blogs was about the surprising suicide of someone in the community and then a response from someone else outside the blog about that death as it related to their very personal experience. This 'outside' person was surfing looking for a recipe!

This all just got me thinking about co-evolution of man and things. I have just finished reading Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan about the co-evolution of man and plants. The author takes apples, tulips, marijuana and potatoes and makes some very interesting conclusions based on how a plant might look at us and how we evolved.

This becomes even more interesting when I think about man and the co-evolution with the Internet. From the above observation on the blog it seems to contradict the image of everyone sitting at home lurking and instead brings strangers with common views, experiences, etc together. But is this in a very superficial way? Or are there more intimate connections going on and a sharing of ideas more in depth than we can imagine...or hope for? And does this mean a paradigm shift in our co-evolution?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog. I will have to look into that book. What a concept. I like tulips. I like potatoes and apples. I can pass on the marijuana. Not a smoker, but have friends who are. I am still looking for a yoga tape to buy. I have to get a handle on the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Tabor.

    I used to have a website entitled "Souls Connecting". The whole idea of it was just how linked we all are at the energy level. The closer we come to recognising, accepting and consciously living from the space of 'co-creating' our common reality, the more we can transform both our individual and collective lives and experiences.

    It's all about choosing the particular box we wish to inhabit: limited, separate, 'life-happens-to-me' or creative, constantly expanding to full multidimensionality and all that falls in between these.

    We get to choose.

    Thanks for your post, your connecting of the threads.

    Angela.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.