Thursday, November 04, 2004

Just one day please, and make it frozen.

I was posting to another blog and trying to remember an anecdote from Andrew Tobias. I couldn't remember if I spelled his name correctly and decided to Google him and found his home page. Of course as we all do, I got distracted and started reading his archive.

He was talking about something called "AndyDay" as described below:

"But what I really would like is simply to have an eighth day in every week when you all were frozen. No newspapers, no magazines, no e-mail or junk mail or mail mail or phone calls—just a chance to catch up."

Gee one whole day when everyone was frozen except me. What would I do? What would I do? I don't think catching up would be on my agenda. OK, I am going to wipe this smile off my face and go make a cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw an episode of "Twilight Zone" once where a woman found an old relic in her yard while gardening which enabled her to freeze everything around her. When my days are hectic, I think about what it would be like to have that capability. Honestly, I don't think "catching up" would be on my agenda, for even when I do have a bit of free time, that's not what I end up doing!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.