Thursday, March 17, 2005

An update

For those of you who are asking, we are making it down that healing trail and slowly returning to normalcy. The horror of having the back part of six vertebrae removed is being replaced with that healing sensation of itching along the 6 inch incision and the ability to shower by one's self.

I am slowly attempting a reduction in drug use and he seems to be handling it. Although he is still sleeping a LOT! But like the energizer bunny he is, when he is up, he is going strong.

Today I start to pack books from all of our book shelves as that first prep in our move which comes in July. I am getting so good at this... This is in addition to the dozens of boxes of books we have packed in the basement. Books are the one thing I will not part with!

1 comment:

  1. We are the same about books, but many are still boxed up due to lack of shelf space.

    That's great news about your husband! I can imagine it's hard to see someone who is normally active in pain and unable to do the things he used to do. But it sounds like the active lifestyle is paying off in that his recovery is going well. I bet he's getting antsy! I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.