Monday, May 30, 2005

Question for Twenty-somethings

This post may be a little racy for some...no not THAT way. I found an extra bathroom rug at my house and took it to my son's place and decided to store it under his sink in the bathroom while he was helping his dad with the AC unit. (As background he has slept in the house one night thus far.)
As further background there were some of his things, like TP under the sink already.

I had to move somethings to squeeze the rug in the back and saw a small strange box. Being the curious snooper, I turned it around as I placed the rug behind it. It was a box of tampons. Any ideas? Is this something I don't want to know?

5 comments:

  1. Hrm .. a female "friend" who sleeps over from time to time?

    GrrlScientist

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does have the 'x' girlfriend that both hubby and I like...but I was under the impression she was an 'x' and they were just friends. If there is someone else, he has been doing a great job of keeping it under wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my :) Although I have to say that even when I was dating my husband and even though his parents lived 2000 miles away, I'd never leave things like that in his bathroom. I did leave other things such as clothing, an extra hair dryer, etc. - the sorts of things that would indicate that yep, the girlfriend was here.

    Why would he be keeping 'x' a secret? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. In modern language, it sounds like his X and he are "f*ck buddies", which has a rather flexible set of rules ranging from merely associating each other between the sheets (the original definition of the term) to hanging out with each other socially as well (sometimes still referred to as "friends"). But key here is that there is no "relationship" or relationship potential for whatever reason (often said to be because "relationships are too much work"), the "fb" relationship exists mainly for the purpose of "safe" (non casual) sexual liaisons.

    I'm not sayin' that your son is doing this, but this is what I would suspect, given what you've said here.

    GrrlScientist

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buddy thing crossed my mind (Geeeze, said the old lady), but my husband releaved me when son told him that he hadn't had any sex in 18 months since the "x" girlfriend drew the line...I am hoping this means she is no longer an "x" and the relationship is moving towards something more stable and mature.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.