Sunday, August 21, 2005

And Now for Your Moment of Zen (as Jon Stewart would say)

The world is certainly a lovely place, so for those of you sitting a home I thought I would share a few more of the dozens of pictures I took on the anniversary trip to West Virginia.


Not sure which wildflower this is? Similar to a loosestife.


This waterfall is blue and milky and the rocks red due to the high iron content--North Fork of the Blackwater river.





ENJOY! Now I am packing and doing some casseroles for this next week a my daughter's. Blog next week will have some photos of this really good-looking guy!



7 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. All these photos you've posted are gorgeous! And this is a reminder to me that there is still so much to see here in the U.S. once I am able to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. My thought was exactly that. w.o.w. Wonderful Old West Virginia! My parents' roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to West Virginia but it certainly resembles Washington state. How did you get those pictures? Did you use a digital camera? Tell us more about your camera when you get a few minutes, please!

    GrrlScientist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Have you considered being a photographer? It's nice to just stop and smell the roses, isn't it? A thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous photos!

    side note: please Tabor, don't not comment because there are others there... I totally love to hear from everyone and the way I see it, it took me 50 years to get some writings noticed ~ don't punish me now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite a photographer!
    Beautiful pictures.
    I've never been to West Virginia and your pictures inspire me a lot.
    I like the pictures of waterfall and the grove. The grove reminds me of the wedding ceremony I recently attended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the comments. I do love photography and have so much to learn about it. I hope to do more when I retire. I use a Nikon Coolpix now, but the flash for indoors no longer works and they told me it would cost $250 just to have Nikon look at it! So maybe a new camera is in the future. I have spent years saving money and now it is nice to have a little to splurge.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.