Monday, September 05, 2005

Smokin some stuff

I am taking a note from The Cerebral Outpost and trying to find humor in the chaos of news these days. This morning on the Channel 9 morning show they were going outside the studio to introduce a new barbecue restaurant. Standing at the back of the building was the chef with some really great looking ribs on the grill. The newscaster (spokesman) joined him and said, "Well today, folks, we are here to help you plan an outdoor dinner for the Labor Day holiday. I am sure some of you are planning on smoking some stuff over the holiday." He really said that. Didn't even blink. I am sure his studio folks were falling off their chairs.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 PM

    Ha! is all I can say on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with smoking some stuff myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh... the art of the double entendre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:52 PM

    That is too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was fascinated by your experiences in dealing with Claudette. Good lessons there.

    Thanks for visiting me. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That also reminds me of the classic Kermit Schafer blooper records of the 1960s and 1970s. I have tons of them! You wouldn't believe the things that come out of a person's mouth sometimes! Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too funny! I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't even read this till today. I guess two deaths in the family in one month's time takes its toll on alone-time (my daugher's "other" family, not my own thankfully)

    At any rate, thank you kindly for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.