Thursday, December 01, 2005

Aloha nui loa


View of Honolulu from Roundtop


I am leaving on a jet plane (Oooo, sounds like an old favorite song of my youth) early on Saturday. Friday I am packing, doing laundry, tying up loose ends. (It seems the older I get the more my life unravels and the more loose ends I keep trying to tie back up!)

Anyhow, checking the flight plan once again it appears that my trip will be from here and via San Francisco arriving in Honolulu on 12/3.. 12/6 leave Honolulu for Kauai. 12/8 on to Kona (via Honolulu). 12/10 back to Kauai (via Honolulu.) 12/19 leave the Pacific and head back home. Needless to say this whole mess is more complicated than it needs to be due to my using free miles and hubby's meeting schedule.

I hope to look up a number of old friends as we have many in Hawaii. I will try to blog, but since I am NOT bringing the heavy old laptop from work, I can't promise anything. I know you will all be so disappointed. Hopefully more so than my family in Colorado was when I told them there wouldn't be emails for a while. My son is jealous and my daughter will miss the free babysitting. Ah, such is life.

Of course there will be pictures, warm pictures to contrast with the winter weather that will greet me upon my return.

Keep an eye on the house building project for me---make sure they don't cut any corners.

Aloha nui loa.

7 comments:

  1. Have a good trip, Tabor! Hawaii is a place I have always wanted to go and probably will some day. Looking forward to your pics and hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Lucky you, always wanted to go to Hawaii, never made it. I will be an armchair traveler via your pictures.

    Have a great time.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan of action. Years ago my wife and I were ensconsed in Princeville (Kauai) just before Christmas and due to return home. We called the kids back in Oregon and said, "Fend for yourselves. We'll be here another week." Hoo boy, no Christmas hassle, just warm golf weather. Hope you have much of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 PM

    I've never been to Hawaii. It would be so good right about now. Have fun and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hawaii, the place of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! Lucky you ...

    Hopefully by now you're having a grand old time and have completely forgotten all about 'everyday life' including blogging (but just till you return, I trust!).

    Can't wait to see your pictures ... be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:48 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.