Monday, January 23, 2006

Something that lifts my day


Winter is here. We do not have the pristine white snow magically hiding all the rough spots as it does in some parts of the globe. We have warm days in the 50's interspersed with cold rain, like today, that bores into your bones and threatens to freeze your soul. The cymbidium orchid above was a birthday gift from my daughter and son-in-law. It is getting ready to bloom. Boy does it keep my spirits up. I can pretend that spring is just around the corner.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on keeping it alive. My wife and I brought 6 of them home from Hawaii, and then one by one.... And then there were none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, beautiful! Thanks for dropping in to see the fairy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoss, I used to work near a USDA farm and got about three of these for free one year, and I managed to kill them all as well. An I am a pretty good plant person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And I don't think I was able to wish you a happy birthday on your birthday a month ago... so happy birthday, belatedly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know. They kind of look like that plant from Little Shop of Horrors. LOL! I think that one is opening his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi.. thanks for visiting.

    nice orchid. we have no snow here all year long. hot & humid all the way... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.