Saturday, April 22, 2006

Packing in the Rain

I don't know why it is, but when we go somewhere by car, I go crazy with the packing. I will even have a washer dryer at the place, but still packed too many clothes. The trouble is partially due to the fact that I need beach wear, general resort wear, canoe clothes, and evening a city dress or two--and all the shoes for each activity including shoes for muddy canoing.

Then it is my daughters birthday while we are down there, so I am packing some stuff to celebrate that. We also plan on biking and are trying to take 4 bikes, and my husband and son-in-law need to pack tennis and golf gear and my husband has his canoe and fishing gear!!

We must also have food and drinks in the car as we will be driving almost the whole day.

Later this morning the others get to add the baby gear which is an apartment of stuff in itself.

We packed board games and rain gear and...oh well crammin' the stuff in.

All I can say it we better darn well have fun! (And all I really wanted to do was sleep and read.)

8 comments:

  1. LOL, I hope you rented a trailer :) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you might just need some of that stuff if you left it behind...:)

    Have a good restful time..

    Chancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wine, did you pack the wine?!!!

    But then again, I don't know about you but I can't read after drinking alcohol. But sleep, that I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how many cars altogether did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:46 AM

    Packing disease - I know that. ;-)
    Robi

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...I often have the mentality of "leaving the country" - no matter where I am going - and have a need to prepare for any possibility which might occur! I begin to empty the medicine cabinet first in case anyone gets XYZ, then move on to specialty items which if anyone SHOULD need, we could simply buy along the way! I take so much stuff no one ever needs /uses and swear I will never do it again. Yet, next time the same thing happens! I think it is part of the OCD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what? I did pack a bottle of white wine just in case I really needed something cold at the end of the day and I also packed the luxury model of first aid kits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do have that same problem with packing and just like Sky, I take the whole medicine cabinet with me also - even though there are Walgreen's about every two blocks no matter where you go nowadays. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.