Saturday, April 08, 2006

Someone(s) Else's Birthday


There were lots of birthdays last week it seems including Peruby's daughter. My grandson ALSO turned one on the fifth of April! I am going to a party for him this afternoon. There will be three other little ones there along with parents and grandparents. I can't remember if I commented on this. (I HATE this forgetfulness that took the place of wherever I lost those hormones.) Anyway, my daughter is decorating, bought four little baseball costumes, is making baseball cupcakes...the whole nine yards. I am certain she spent well over $200 for this event. But I also went a little crazy with the gifts when I got into the baby store, so I cannot point the finger. I keep telling myself I am going to be a responsible grandmother, and then I see this cute outfit or that mind-expanding toy and end up with an armful of stuff.

Hubby is flying in from Korea at 1:00 and should be in unusual form for the event. I just have to keep him awake until I get him back here at the apartment after the cake and frosting distribution. My baby sister (my last remaining sister) flew in yesterday to see some friends and we are getting together tomorrow for a trip to the new house site and some bonding time and then we are going to an art museum on Monday. I am really enjoying this type of weekend!! Weather is supposed to be amenable to the whole thing.

I apologize because I was going to write some thoughtful stuff about any number of subjects and not just my diary of events for the next few days, but I need more coffee now and maybe the next blog more insightful stuff, or may not, maybe just more drivel...

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, he's already a year!!! And a baseball theme - how perfect is that!

    Sounds like you have a fun weekend in store. I look forward to new photos of the house. And of your grandson eating cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the drivel! It balances the insight. One person's drivel could be another person's insight - it comes in unexpected ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I should have said the 'whole three bases?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... I was thinking the "three bases" thing then I clicked to comment and there you were with it.

    That little guy sure looks a bit older than one. He's so camera-friendly! I hope you had fun yesterday and managed to keep hubby awake long enough.

    There's nothing wrong with drivel that is at least spelled correctly and well-intended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Beautiful Birthday to X-Man! I checked back on my post a year ago because I knew it was getting close.

    Yes, it is easy to spend $200 on the party and trimmings. Hope it is a memorable one as I am sure it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.