Thursday, September 28, 2006

Arrivederci


After many phone calls and odd conversations (due to poor technology not emotionality ) with all the family who are involved (there will be 5 of them) I have decided to go to Italy. I can probably do more to help all of them once Dad is moved back into my brother's house.

Today they moved him out of the hospital and into the therapy care house where they expect him to stay for the next three weeks. He seems reasonably strong if somewhat confused. The pain is finally subsiding for a while. From my brother's description everyone was in extreme pain just watching him struggle from the chair to the bed. We have never seen my father in pain. He has always been a go with the flow kind of guy, so this is very upsetting for all of us. And, although he is 92, he has never been in a hospital except to stay with my mother who there many times. Really!

Old age is not for the weak of heart or mind.

With regard to the Italy trip, I will post some pictures or at least talk about the trip when I return. My daughter has planned this trip for her mother-in-law's 63rd birthday and asked me to be the partner in the crime. Her M.I.L. has never traveled much anywhere in her life and is afraid to fly on planes. We will ply her with liquor and laughter. Three silly woman. I hope that we do well. We are going on a truffle hunt and wine tour. That should be something to blog about.

I will miss my blogging buddies and wish I could take all of you. You would all add something unique and special to the trip. But instead, I will try to take you virtually.

5 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage. Have a happy trip.

    Wishing your Dad peace and rest free from pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, have a great trip! I can't wait to see photos! You just might convince me to go get my passport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:29 PM

    I want to hear all about the food! Details please.

    I hope your dad is on the way to a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabor, sending some concentrated thought to the universe that your father is free from both pain and confusion - old age and illness are not for those who lack courage and forbearance.

    May your trip be a joyful one and full of happy adventures. I have tucked my virtual self into your luggage and am looking forward to seeing the sights. Joy on your journey. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - just read about your dad, he sounds like a tough guy and I wish him speedy healing and not too much pain. I've known a couple of people who've had that surgery and healed up surprisingly quickly...
    Looking forward to trip reports, you definitely deserve this vacation. Have a WONDERFUL time!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.