Friday, November 03, 2006

Digging in for the Long Haul


(This is going to be a rant...so you can stop reading now.)

1. Can it get any worse? At work someone's supervisor (not mine) edited a report that I had veted through my supervisor (who is the overall supervisor) and proceeded to delete 40% of the content. I never got any feedback on that and her staff person was told to publish it ( I wouldn't have known except her staff person had a sense of ethics and was very uncomfortable about it). Guess what I will be doing early Monday when my supervisor returns to the office? At least I will be calmer by then and allow my supervisor to breath between my venting.

2. Then I got an email from the "colleague" who had called me stupid (and later apologized) asking for some input on a project. Since I didn't know anything about the project I asked for background, scope, meeting notes, etc. Her reply was that "I could leave you out of this input if you feel this way." Fortunately my supervisor and her supervisor were included in that snotty remark.

I remember that about two years ago I loved this job and was excited about coming to work and contributing. Now all I want is to stay out of everyone's way while they claw their way to the 'top.'

3. I am venting and under more than usual stress because, on the day that my Dad was supposed to go home from Rehab (two days ago), he contracted pneumonia (a rare virus or bacteria version) and is now back in the hospital. We are all checking on him daily and hope to finally have him home this weekend. He has lost his spirit and is frequently confused about where he is and what is happening. It is a common but still sad story. Send good thoughts (or prayers if you pray.)

4. The final note (I thought bad things happened in threes?) was that Xman in going down the slide at the park with his father twisted his leg and fractured either his tibia or fibula and is now in a cast for the next three weeks. He is not happy. So when I babysit tomorrow night, at least we will be on the same wave length/plane/fetal position.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:54 PM

    This is bad time, isn't it? At least you can get it out of your system and that's a good thing. Bad stuff WILL go away. Only it takes time and patience, which is something we don't (or should I say I don't) always have.
    Keep on blogging, Tabor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Three weeks!? Poor thing. I hope he recovers quickly.

    Work. Big sigh. Uneasy times. It is pretty darn scary out there. Shields up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Everyone is a little testy in your office! I am so hoping your dad makes a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, what a stressful confluence of Bad Things. Healing thoughts to your dad and to Xman. Dumb cow-irkers don't help either, I'm sure!
    At least being self employed the only person I can piss off is me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about all this "stuff" Tabor.

    You deserve some simple, ordinary days where nothing happens. You need a time just for yourself to put your feet up and vegetate for a time.

    Chalk the coworkers mean spirit up to ignorance and don't waste your breath or energy on her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chancy, You are so right. I have thought about this over the weekend and realize that this issue has been building for a long time. This person has had head on collisions with several other staff and I have tried to stay out of it, but I realize it is her issue to resolve and it will not go away until she and/or managment deal with it.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.