Friday, February 09, 2007

Frivolous Friday

1.
"Learn the best colors, bedding,
furniture, lighting, accessories
and more for creating a
hotel-inspired bed and bath »"

The above is text from a link from a HGTV email that I received yesterday. I had to read it twice to make sure that I read it correctly. Maybe I am missing something, but the last feeling I want to create in my house is that I am still on the road in that “luxury” hotel. I want a home that is inspired by me, myself and I, and doesn't reflect in any way a ‘mass luxury’ design. They also had a section on “Decorating in Red.” I’ve got news for them…that is so yesterday. Orange and burned rust is the new red and anyone with any design sense knows that!

2. We have Xman for the whole weekend. What DOES one do with a high energy 20-month-old when you can't take him outside?

3. My favorite (and only) son came to dinner last night. A big deal for me as I see him on average every other month or even less. He is working on audio-engineering some training videos for the government. The feedback to our illustrious leader from parents who have lost their children in the war is that the people who bring the news are pretty green in age and really not prepared well to handle this very difficult task. So now some new training videos are being created. My son says they are actually pretty well done. Wouldn't it be nice if he got a paycheck for some other type of training video---any other?

4. My week at work has been exhausting. It is either boredom or a flat-out race in this job of mine. I hope I am still alive by retirement time. Several personnel changes have put everyone on edge.

5. I accidentally sent an email to the wrong person about picking up a new server for deployment in our office. The other person was a little panicked because they had heard through the rumor mill their program might be shut down and they thought we were getting their server! She was relieved to learn it was just my crappy typing.

6. I got some bad news in the mail yesterday...but can't write about it...not just yet. Therefore, I am writing about everything..but

7. And finally BRRRRRR, BRRRRR, BRRRRR!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Peggy, I'm with you, who would want to live in a house which would look like a hotel?
    I for one, am a green loving person, I like wearing red, but I don't think I'd like my walls to be red. It would be ok for a couple of days, but...

    What does one do with a 20months old is beyond me at the moment! Get tired? Well, I don't suppose that was the reply you wanted! ;)

    Try to get some rest over the weekend anyway. Won't you be happy to have the man of the house come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If orange is the new red - I'm right in style! I don't want it on my walls, though...LOL

    Sorry about the bad news - and sorry about the Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of the new X -- one of my favorite lines on Jake 2.0 (about a computer nerd who becomes a super hero while still looking like and having the social skills of a computer nerd) was, in response to concern that he might not be the best body guard, "Haven't you heard? Scrawny is the new big."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people clearly stay in a much better class of hotel than I am used to!
    Brrr here too. At least we're getting highs in the double digits now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stayed some years back in the luxury Hotel Splendido in Portofino, Italy and I do not remember the room decor or the linens, just the magnificent view of the bay and the mountain side below.

    Best of luck to you.

    Chancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your bad news wasn't overwhelming.

    So great to read you again. It's just been wayyy too long.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.