Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bird Brained

This little fellow (a titmouse) showed up on a regular basis over the weekend. He (she?) would stop at the deck chair and look at his/her reflection in the deck door windows. I was able to stand next to the window to photograph without bird dismay.

Eventually he/she hopped to the door handle to admire the reflection. There was much cheeping and panting and heavy breathing, so I think it was in love with its image.

Eventually this led to much flapping of the wings as the bird tried to attack-mate-meet with the image it saw. It would fly up and down the window pane tapping with claws and beak until either my husband or I attempted behavioral managment and chased it away. I even threw out some frozen peas that had hit the kitchen floor to see if I could bribe it.

Without fail it would come back and the process would start all over again.

Here I swear he is watching the TV on the wall!!
(For more birds go to the Room Without Walls.

6 comments:

  1. Twice in the last year while I was sitting in my car reading, behind the fast food place I got lunch, a cardinal flew onto the side read-view mirror on my car and did the same thing. I think he was seriously in love with his image (like a lot of men).....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I have a post coming up at some point about another bird brain (so when I post it don't think I stole it from here). Mine is a cardinal and it's been crashing into our window for repeatedly for weeks now. I guess I'm a birdbrain too because I've wasted a lot of time trying to get a good photo and can't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:13 PM

    What a cute little guy! It is like he wants to be a part of whatever is going on.

    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is really cute. Fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such wonderful and free entertainment! i am so happy spring is finally here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tiny and cute! Great shots :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.