Monday, April 02, 2007

Lived-In Look


The Painting Contractor Chickie may appreciate these photos. I have the wallpaper guy in all week putting up wallpaper in the front formal room---we really are using it as a quiet room rather than a formal room as we are the farthest thing from being 'formal' folk. Anyway, I did pick a wine and gold abstract design and the room did take on a plumish color after we painted it ourselves. I was surprised, but I think that I will like it. I do not have any furniture for this room so will have to find something that goes with plum wine? At least if people spill their drinks, it will blend. Hubby painted the trim on the bay window and deserves an award for that work.

And below the wallpaper guy has taken on the dangerous job of completing the kitchen. (I really like him and his work style, by the way.) Thank goodness we put up the pictures already so that he could just rehang them! It also is a strange wallpaper. I bought it because it was a faux finish pattern...but it ended up looking like a birch bark canoe I am thinking. Oh well. And, yes, we are going to re-paint the living room to better coordinate. The great butter yellow just doesn't go so probably something called "bagel". Wallpaper guy has agree to paint the high harder walls and we will paint the easier stuff. I have to put up the two samples this weekend and decide.

As you can see from the photo below of the master bedroom, we are really getting settled in now and developing that lived in look. I had to make curtains for the masterbath as I was tired of feeling strange walking around in the nude even though no one within miles can see in and no one would look twice if they did! I was going to sew the curtains and then got lazy and just used the iron-on tape and they came out pretty good, even if they do look a little cheapo!

The two framed harp shells are from something I did in Indonesia when I was working in batik. The colors don't really go anywhere in the house, but the frames were so nice and matched and so we decided to put them up in the masterbath. Yes, they ARE too far apart, but between my cold and the difficulty of hanging stuff at the end of a long day, we just decided to live with it!

For what we did outside go to the "Room Without Walls" blog.

6 comments:

  1. It's looking very nice! I love the built-ins in the main room, and the wallpaper is interesting (birch bark is right).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hadnt expected it to look so..so..sophisticated and elegant. Its wonderful. And the photo of those amazing windows and the view..divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "weird" wall paper in the kitchen. You could always put a seashell necklace, a long rectangle mirror or a sea horse between the seashell pictures.

    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do my new house? lol Awesome taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love where you live! The house itself is wonderful and you are doing such great things to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what a transformation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.