Monday, May 21, 2007

Making Do with What You Have


I have always been addicted to flowers. I love planting bloomers and I love putting out those plants that provide something I can cut to bring inside to keep the outdoors alive. With new shrubs that are too small to trim away blooms (rhododendrons, roses, etc.) at the new house, I have very few plants that I can cut. Those few the deer are helping to prune. So I planted a few perennial sunny happy daisies. Each plant different and blooms about two weeks apart. These were the first to bloom thus far, and yes, I cut most to bring inside and then had to pad the whole display with ornamental grasses and wild grass seed heads to keep it less anemic. It was the best I could do for our weekend eating.

Check out the Room Without Walls for more fun spring stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Liquid Fence will take care of flower eating deer. I painted my sun room to match your new house and I love it! (yellow/gold)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very pretty. I love the green of the grasses against the red of the cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenju, such a compliment from you is important!

    Tammy, we are using something like that...can't remember the name and it seems to be working thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't ASK for an editor, but since I are one I can help this manuscript out a lot, forthwith:

    "I love bloomers...and I love putting out."

    Now then, you got you the start of a real bodice ripper there, Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower arrangement and the color of the cloth mesh just right. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.