Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Drifting Along with the Tumbling Tumbleweeds

I have no idea why I think the title above will relate to anything I feel like writing in this post...but it is what popped into my head like a stale piece of popcorn.

NO, no wine yet. Just aging stream of conscious writing.

We are awaiting the arrival of dinner guests (the kind that bring dinner because of the new baby.) I am really tired after work today, but both hubby and I are keeping our office clothes on and stifling yawns as one member of this dinner party may play a future role in my daughter's career in one way or another. I guess I feel lightheaded like a tumbling tumbleweed. The slightest air flow will carry me away.

In addition to the above I had called my son regarding some travel plans we have in October and found the following message on my cell:

"Hi...Mom. Just got your message. Just left the doctor's office. (pause) Don't know about October...yet... (pause) I have some projects. ....will be out of town this weekend...actually out of town on Saturday. (pause) Maybe I can join you the early part of the week in October....(pause) don't know yet. I guess I should drive out to see my sister and the new baby...(pause) (mumble mumble something)...still have that stupid cold...that's why I am at the doctor's office. (Pause) Don't want to give the baby my cold....(pause) (more mumbling)...well, guess that's all. ...hope you get this message. (pause) Love ya, .... bye."

I know that I did not raise him to be so rambling (tumbling) and incoherent. As hubby responded, "Hope he communicates better than that at work!"

3 comments:

  1. That was an odd message but maybe his life is tumbling along at warp speed. I feel more like you. :) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounded distracted and your maternal radar picked up.

    I want that tumbleweed feeling. My head is heavy as lead tonight. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least dinner guests who bring food because of a new baby surely are a good kind to have :)
    You're lucky you get messages with more than one sentence. Our son is a man of very few words on the phone :) I hope the October trip works out the way you want it to, and that your son gets over his cold :)
    Are you enjoying changing diapers (or nappies, as the Aussies call them)?
    We did have a wonderful time with the grandsons :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.