Friday, January 25, 2008

International Gifts


We have a weekend visitor from Korea. He is in charge of a marine laboratory in Korea and while visiting my husband also will be visiting relatives living nearby. As Asians always do, he brought a lovely gift and presented it with gracious charm. The box itself was first wrapped in a silver-gray scarf with writing that meant something about power (?). When I accepted the gift I was surprised at how heavy it was. It is about 2 feet by 1.5 feet in size. He carried this all the way on his trip! When I accepted the gift I am sure it weighed 15 pounds!! Inside is a very beautiful assortment of Korean sweets. Far more than my husband and I could ever eat. We will share at dinner tonight and I will also share some with my grandson who may enjoy them. Now we have to think of something nice for my husband to take on his trip back next month...

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful and gracious people they are. The sweets look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I'd hate to open it and ruin this work of art. :) But I bet they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.