Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogroll #4

I have been meaning to do this for some time, but since it requires a little research and more time at the PC and more time coding in Blogger I have put it off until now. But today is the day and some folks are going to get rolled since they visited my blog before I got to theirs. I got this idea from Hoss over a year ago when he profiled those bloggers that he read or that commented on his blog. If you want to read about other bloggers that I read or that visit my blogs (or used to, as bloggers come and go like good friends), go to my right sidebar and select the blogroll links near the bottom the green section! Now for some new bloggers.

BearNaked has a fetish with teddy bears and the photos alone that accompany each of her posts are charming and will bring a smile on your gloomiest days. She blogs from Canada and therefore knows more than most of us about bears. She found me rather than me finding her and that is most flattering.

Another blogger who has stopped by my place is Beverly who is a neonatal nurse of longstanding. Doesn't that sound like one of the most important jobs in the world? Such a profession lets you know she is a woman of great courage. She writes from Tennessee and leads a very traditional southern grandmotherly life...except for a few surprises---like she once kissed Elvis!

Ernestine is on a Journey to Mindfulness. She has had to say goodbye to a farm where she could garden prolifically and say hello to the city life where she at least is close to her children. She shares my love of plants and has learned about the love of dogs. She also is going through the same thoughtful pauses that I have in having more time on my hands. When you see how young she looks you would be surprised at the age of her grandchildren!

Grannie Annie
visited me a while back (only grannies visit me these days!) and I noticed that she had started blogging back in 2005. Talk about cutting edge blog boomers. She is prolific in her writing and there is no way I can keep up with her posts, but I do stop by when I have time. I, like her, have re-instituted my exercise program. I don't run a chicken farm like she does, but if our covenants allowed my husband would have a dozen hens right now.

Mary Lou is retired from the Navy. Lordy, she started her blog entries in 2003! I didn't even know blogger was up and around then. "
I'm not sure what type of blog I want here, just brain dumps, or a real log. Do I want to get into emotions and feelings for the world to see? Do I want to write this just for me, or with the thought that others will be reading it also.." Sounds familiar to some of us, doesn't it.

Richard who live in Atwater is also retired Navy and maybe came by way of Mary Lou above? While I worked for an organization that was full of former Navy folks, I really don't know anyone currently in the Navy. Anyway Richard loves birdwatching as I do and seems to be single-handedly feeding every bird in his state. He has some good construction skills, which we could certainly use around here, as he has actually built a shed. We bought ours from the Amish.

I am extremely flattered that "Vishwa" from India also visits my blog. He is young and lives so far away! He doesn't have lots of entries each month, but each entry is well-thought out and well written. This entry about why we write blogs (http://vishymn.blogspot.com/2005/12/where-minds-meet-
and-wisdom-arises.html) got me thinking once again about why I write a blog. Stop buy and take a "Walk in the Drizzle."

Please stop by these blogs if they interest you and please tell them that Tabor sent you!! (Now I won't be blogging for a while as I have lots of blog reading to catch up on.)

6 comments:

  1. Gee, what a lot of reading. I'll have to come back, especially after reading two b**gs by the Indian fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments.
    Yes, we have a lot in common.
    Guess I am suppose to be in the city at this time.
    Especially for these 2 little ones.
    They are a joy. Surely make this lady who is solo at this time feel loved
    Think I am on the bottom of the priority list of my 3 older grandchildren who are in college.
    That's alright. They are right where they are suppose to be.
    Take care
    Thanks for dropping in to my new blog.
    Next project is to be able to take GOOD photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for mentioning my blog today. So nice of you to visit and glad to see that you like all my bears.
    It sometimes takes a while to find the perfect bear for my posts but google hasn't failed me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a few of those already, and later I will check out the others. Thanks for blogrolling me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are too kind. Now I want to know how to set up blogroll. Guess I'll start my research. Yes, I lurk a lot around your great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I did not even see your shout out about my blog...thank you so much for the kind words. It always makes my heart smile when someone has nice comments about me:)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.