Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Independence Day for America

It seems that my husband and I have spent our 4th of July by ourselves these past few years. So, I have asked Daughter and her family and her in-laws down for the weekend this year for a little celebration. This will be the first time Xman gets to stay up to see the fireworks.

Thus far I have made a pasta sauce, a fruit bowl, banana muffins, choco-chunk cookies, potato salad and lemonade. The rest has been food shopping, and more food shopping for the BBQ.

I also rewashed the front windows and got ride of several wasps nests around the house (after one nasty sting), finished putting in the underground drip system and mulch for the two flowers beds, and completely cleaned the house.

We have washed off the deck and scrubbed the outside grill. We also scrubbed down the fiberglass and chrome on the boat...which took about two days alone!

I now remember why I usually don't have company for the holidays. Hopefully I will feel like doing some real writing after the long weekend.

HAPPY 4th to those of you smart enough to sit back with a cool drink and watch the fireworks!

7 comments:

  1. My goodness this week seems to be the week for people to be stung by wasps. Judy over at Imagine also had a sting.
    http://imagineomit.blogspot.com/2008/07/yellow-jackets.html
    Your menu has left me drooling
    (!@#$*& dieting)hope everyone enjoys the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop entertaining and I have found that I don't miss it. Happy 4th Tabor!

    Enjoy Xman's 1st fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I would love to be in your neighborhood and bring food for the 4th. Who knows, maybe some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was stung by a wasp about a month ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as the yellow jacket sting I got on Monday. Hope yours doesn't keep you up at night!

    Have a happy fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we are gluttons for punishment. Ugh. I am SO glad I don't have a boat. Too much elbow grease involved.

    I am also still picking up food for the event.

    Hope yours is fun and rewarding. I love family coming to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can soitney do dat, long as we can get some fool like you to wear herself out putting on the party. Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we went to the oregon coast last week and enjoyed the pacific ocean, fireworks across the water, and fabulous seafood dinners along the central OR coast.

    yes, it can be laborious getting the house and food ready for guests. (sometimes i wish i had not invited them when i am in the midst of that work!) sounds like you guys were quite busy getting it all spic and span and getting that yummy food made. i bet it was great fun having everyone around, especially the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.