Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Stuck in the Craw


Breath in and breath out and then go for a long walk:
  • While watching Wimbledon over the weekend someone looked at me and said, "Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Billie Jean King?"
  • Someone cannot make it down for the holiday weekend event until the last day and then spends the better part of the day either sleeping or watching sports on television--fortunately this is NOT a blood relative.
  • When asking a guest to make salad she takes out all the avocado and puts it in a separate bowl because she doesn't like avocado.
  • After doing all the planning and shopping for the meal, marinating the hamburgers, slicing the hot dog buns, setting out all the condiments, slicing the vegetables, making homemade potato salad, making cucumber fennel salad, making dessert and then taking out everything to the deck all by myself, someone compliments hubby on the great BBQ since he did the grilling!
  • While backing the car out between two nearby cars on the way to the fireworks the driver nearly has an accident trying to dodge a tiny moth inside the car and then yells at the spouse because driving and having a phobic reaction to tiny insects is not a big deal.
Oh well, there is always next year!

10 comments:

  1. You sound like me; especially about the barbecue. Mr. kenju is likely to do that when I have made all but one thing and someone else brings that one thing - and he says it makes the day perfect. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You have cured me of any thoughts of entertaining in the near future. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is so funny!!! Only because I was nodding my head as I read...It was my thoughts exactly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just dawned on me. We are supposed to celebrate the Fourth of July sometime soon. Wake me when it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and next year could be one of my favorites - everyone MEETS somewhere fabulous while letting others cook and clean for you. you guys can all enjoy delicious food, great cocktails, and exploring your interesting location, and no one has to work hard (or take out avocado from a community salad!). i am still amused by this post, glad you survived it, and sure you enjoyed most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart goes out to you.
    Do not think I need to post what I am thinking.
    But many similar happenings in my past.
    Could match you for stories.
    That is why I only do entertaining with like spirits at 3 score and 10If you can - try and think of YOU
    for some time especially since you did your good deeds!!!!
    Easier for me since I live by myself.
    Do have a 6 year old with me for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear blogfriends it is so good to hear that you have had similar incidents. I was beginning to think I was just to picky!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kept looking for your email address.
    I have not been able to get your sharing off of my mind.
    Your experience has happened to me in the past. Had everything perfect. Cooked for days. I am so sorry that you had this experience.
    As you shared your menu I kept thinking this is wonderful. Wish I was there. Wanted to ask for you to share your pasta sauce.
    I am quite a bit older then you and now live alone.
    I have become set in my ways.
    Love early mornings. Would have no one to my home that sleeps in.
    I love solitude, bothers me when children and grandchildren visit and turn on the TV. I am thinking of getting rid of it. I could go on and on but you deserve a "this is great" and a hug.
    So I am sending it to you.
    Some people just have not been taught to be gracious, considerate and well mannered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Earnestine, my email is Sec22@comcast.net.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aargh! I know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.