Monday, August 25, 2008

Alarm Clocks

Sometimes the stars are aligned perfectly, the gods are satisfied with their place in the universe, Mother Earth is taking a little zenful rest, and the golden energies of karma are everywhere...That is the way things were this morning at 7:00 when my grandson awoke and then crawled into bed with my husband and I. His peaceful chatter about the hummingbird outside the window, the bird song in the trees, the plastic snake on the windowsill and various other miscellaneous bits of news were music...the music of temple bells dancing over the bed.

This lasted about ten minutes and then the kid grew 10 new elbows and at least a dozen more knees...ugh. Time for breakfast.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Lord. I have borne the brunt of those knees and elbows more than I care to remember!! But it sure is sweet at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your grandson crawling into bed with you and how wonderful it was for a sweet moment.

    That's what life is all about those fleeting sweet moments! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful times, wonderful memories for both you and your grandson.
    Just keep reminding yourself what it will be like 10 years from now with him.

    Now doesn't sharp elbows and knees sound good to you?

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Bryce is three months and I've babysat a few times now. I feel like my oldest son Josh when his brother Dylan (Bryce's dad) was an infant and Josh kept wanting to know when he'd get big enough to go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little kids always know when to go go to bed and when to get up. It's on their terms, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very very dear---for a few minutes, anyway...lol!

    Thanks for stopping by and telling me about your Flash Player problems, too...! I did as you did--Changing settings, etc., as they suggested...Nothing! PLUS getting the Computer Wizard to try to fix it. NADA! He insists it is AOL..BUT, I am having the same problem in AOL, so I don't think it is AOL Causing the problem. Why would I have the problem in AOL if it is causing it????
    And I am having the problem a few other places too....Do you use AOL?
    And it happened out of nowhere....One day I went on the Computer and there it was. I hadn't done anything! And that was about two months ago now.
    Computers.....Love them & hate them...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.