Friday, August 22, 2008

Time is Such a Moving Thing

I have not had much energy nor any ideas for blogging lately, but probably exhausted due to the following activities:

Celebrating my granddaughter's first birthday
Transferring and editing the video and slides I took of my granddaughter's first birthday
Putting in a 30 foot pyracantha hedge to hide the vegetable garden from the front window
Replanting the sod from area where we planted the hedge
Loading and distributing a wagon load of mulch, (free mulch is crap and we won't do that again)

Moving an entire palate of leftover brick to the back of the yard
Meeting with Comcast twice to resolve the issues we are having with the sporadic cable TV connection, the phone connection and the PC...Cause is probably one of the two cables to the house being able to push only 80% of the signal. They said it is because we live so far out in the country and they can't boost the signal anymore. I asked if I only had to pay 80% of my bill, but they ignored me.
I have also managed to squeeze in some housecleaning, laundry, and bill paying.
We are also meeting with a landscape company to put in the back patio under the deck and since they are talking over 10K it will have to go in in stages. They did agree to put in and level that strange fountain we bought a while back.
AND as a reward, I took a short day trip to a lovely east coast beach town and ate lunch in a charming little restaurant and watched the activities on main street.

7 comments:

  1. Whew!!
    I am exhausted just reading about what you have accomplished.
    I am slowly getting back some of my lost energy and hopefully the
    3X a week physiotherapy will soon have me back to 100%.

    And you definitely did deserve that reward.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished a lot.
    You are doing a lot of what I have in the past. I know you are tired and deserved your break.
    But when you view all you have accomplished in a couple of years you will smile with pleasure.
    I know when you put in hours of physical work you usually sleep well at night. Sorry about Comcast. Take care and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say hello, and you do need a breather. Easier said than done, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So eating lunch is so exhausting. ?? Tell me about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow at all you got done! does your hubby or someone else help you or do you do all the landscaping work alone?

    glad you got the beach break. that sounds like fun. i have decided that you would be bored to death without a big list of things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so busy! I am too, and traveling as well. Perhaps September will find us settling down some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been having a lot of pain in my right shoulder and it was getting a little better until I read your blog today. Reliving all your labor caused me to suffer vicariously.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.