Monday, September 08, 2008

Fall Baking

Hanna must have dumped a lot of rain and not much wind. We don't have a rain gauge, but this storm left far less damage and mess than a recent summer storm that passed over our heads in July and brought a nearby tornado. Even the lawn is not covered with much debris. Ike does not appear to be planning to pee over our heads, so we may be spared this summer once again.

I brought back small baskets of apples and peaches from the farms in southern Pennsylvania and will be making pie filling all day today for enjoyment this winter. If I smell like nutmeg and/or cinnamon and the door handles to the garage (where the freezer now sits) are sticky you know I am in the midst of pie making.

Of course, this also means I have to spend more time on the elipitical in the future!!

P.S. Yes, the photo below is of one of my three humming birds that seem to spend most of their time fighting over the one lantana pot I have on the deck!

7 comments:

  1. Dave made a peach pie with a brown sugar/pecan topping, that was to die for. I better start stretching out my wetsuit. lol

    Glad everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not seeing the hummingbird picture?

    You are certainly industrious. I wish I knew how to do all the canning and stuff. Right now we're trying to figure out how to save the tomatoes we don't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm
    I can almost smell that nutmeg and cinnamon.
    @#$%^ diet!

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see the bird either. Pie filling? I Can smell it now (I wish).

    Hanna was kind to us, too. I hope Ike stays south and west of here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nevermind - I see it. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the photo is in the prior post, so if you only clicked on this post you missed it. Tammy had asked if I took the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:56 AM

    I can practically hear the whir of the hummingbird and feel the stick of the doorknob. The cherries came and went so fast and were so expensive, but I'm still craving them and don't want to move on to apples.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.