Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Gene Pool


When this little gal was born all her elders played that familiar guessing game of who she took after. Many of us agreed that she looked very much like her paternal grandfather who is a handsome, sometimes funny, and usually simple and conservative man. But I am of the opinion that looks don't count for everything and children frequently become a blend of their elders good and bad characteristics. Therefore, I sometimes look for something of myself in her eager personality and activities.

My daughter took the photos below while I was playing a game with my grandson. As you can see, the gardener in me seems to have inspired the gardener in her. I am hoping this is a sign of the future where we can plant and cut flowers, grow and taste the freshest of vegetables, and perhaps, create little garden rooms of imagination and fantasy.




8 comments:

  1. What a doll baby she is! Buy her a smaller watering can, grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, she is adorable, and i agree with kenju - she needs a smaller can! (but i bet she likes this one just fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:57 PM

    That watering can is almost as big as she is. I can barely wait to play with Bryce in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my, look at that BEAUTIFUL child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she takes after you. She will be a good helper but get her a small watering can. They all love to help. When they are little!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun to have young grandchildren around, Tabor! And one that has the gardening gene will be even more fun.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    (think I have the same watering can)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the pictures!!! How sweet.... : )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. such precious babies...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.