Saturday, January 31, 2009

So??

Hubby woke up in the middle of the night with the worst intestinal pain ever. At first we thought it was the curried shrimp I had made for dinner (the best I have ever eaten--secret to be revealed in another blog) but since I felt fine hours later we eliminated food poisoning. This morning the agony continues along with the expected results (pushing fluids in and out) and a 100 degree fever. It is the flu, probably caught on the plane flight back from Hawaii. So instead of being worried about food poisoning for myself I am now worried about getting a nasty case of the 'epizootic.' I cancelled the promised babysitting, and I immediately made some fudge from a mix I had on the shelf, added some pecans and tiny marshmallows and when it finished setting I slowly ate two pieces. If I am going to get sick, I want to make sure that these calories are not wasted! (And, yes, we both got our flu shots--clearly immunized against the wrong strain.)

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by wanting to dodge those "bugs"...I walked into Forrest's daycare and could fell the flu bugs floating all around. I also walked right into the path of a child coughing at the grocery. As I looked at her she had weak, teary eyes...I may write about it...
    hope you escape it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't get the bug. The flu shots only protect you from respiratory flu, like cough,fever, body ache thing. There is no protection from the diarrhea, vomitting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had it 2 weeks ago and it is horrible. I hope you escape it and that hubby gets over it soon. It left me with a lingering stomachache for 12 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! For the rest of my life I'm going to make fudge the minute I feel the flu coming on. What a great idea. Hope you guys are better and it was only a 24 hour kind. Yes, my sister and Bil swear they get sick from the airplane every time they travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I shall eat some fudge simply for preventative measures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope your hubby is feeling better. at first i though it was going to be gall bladder issues and laparoscopic surgery. hope it is only a bad virus. that stuff has been going around all over the place. friends here in WA and my sister on the GA coast...all vomiting and with stomach pain for a few days. hope you don't get it if his is viral.

    your making fudge was a hoot! best way to enjoy sinfully rich food yet not hold on to the weight gain it could bring! perfect time to eat anything we want...on the eve of intestinal revolt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor hubster! I must confess I'm still smiling over the fudge. TOO FUNNY!

    Don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.