Monday, February 16, 2009

Egad

I always thought that over-sugered, obnoxious kids would not be my cup of tea. BUT, it looks like Valentine's Day breaks all the rules. Anyone want to label or caption this? Click to enlarge if you need more creative angst. (Please help me with a caption.)

I would post a photo of the flowers or candy or romantic dinner that I got for Valentine's Day...but I didn't get any of those! But this man has dived into waters to save a drunk stranger, work long hours without pay for environmental causes, and is cooking dinner tonight (if he remembers) so I have to accept my lot in life. Romantic, not. Good and honest, definately.

12 comments:

  1. I'll take good and honest (and loyal) over romantic any day!!

    What a cute kid! I hope he didn't try to tell you that he hadn't eaten anything sweet...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:44 PM

    "Sugar is sweet and so is He"

    I'm with kenju - romance comes and goes. Good, honest and loyal stays!

    And he cooks besides!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Having made a quick meal of the cat, two gophers, and a stray mouse, Brandon demonstrates that he is still ready to unleash dental fury with the Incisors of Doom."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Candy? What candy?"

    (makes me want to brush and floss!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby wasn't to romantic either. Honest, hardworking, good and gentle he was. Every once and awhile he would suprise me with a little romance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caption for that big ole smile: Look mom, no cavities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Kiss me you fool! Cupid's rule! And who said pink is for girls?

    ReplyDelete
  8. sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at supper time...
    be my little sugggaaarrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cutie and a sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a side note his school does not allow candy or cupcakes or any kind of junk food for birthday parties or holidays. So the only candy/dessert he gets is at home and that is not often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good captions gang...next year I am going to print this up as a Valentines card for my loves and use these if ya'all do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's a wonderful man despite the lack of romantic gestures. When Dave irrigates my sinuses I find him very romantic. :)


    Show me that handsome smile?

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.