Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recent Email Received From Daughter


"Did I tell you how thankful I am that you are coming. My life in insane right now. Xman still needs to make two more valentines by Friday...all the parents are volunteering (not my idea but I didn't want to be rude and be the only to not help out) to throw a surprise breakfast and lunch for the teachers at CHMS (read below). I volunteered to make a breakfast casserole..so sometime tonight i have to throw that together..then get up at 6:15 am to put it in the oven ...and then it has to be dropped off on Friday morning at 7:30am for bfast. Then Xman needs to be dropped off by 8:50am. So we will have to talk and see what make sense. I think I might be on an 8 or 9am flight to NY and then on a 3 or 4 pm flight home."

I think I remember those days...she is a Type A like me...but I don't ever remember trying to squeeze in a business trip to NY!


7 comments:

  1. So aside from needing to learn how to say "no," she needs to buy, not make Valentine cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Hilary, my gal will learn with time, I hope! Her husband is also off on a trip and I think these tenuous job times have everyone over-committed so that they don't end up on the short list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's pretty intense.

    I know what you mean by the tenuous job times. I am feeling it at work.

    Hope she makes the flight okay and can relax over the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, goodness, it is so true what you said in your comments, tabor. people are working like maniacs now - with no hope of raises or bonuses but with every hope of simply keeping their jobs.

    when will it end?!

    word verif is dedumbed

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then...and then...and then...I wonder if she ever made her flight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember having to learn to say no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to learn to day no back in those days of young children.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.