Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #23---Housekeeping

  • Company is coming to stay overnight this weekend to visit and perform a house blessing Hawaiian style. ( I wonder if I need to get out that grass skirt and do I dare wear it?) I MUST patch the ceiling in the guest bedroom before that time. Bad Karma to sleep with cracks above your head. The hardest part is finding the can of matching paint.
  • Need to plan a nice menu for them as they have entertained us numerous times. They cannot visit easily as they have goats, chickens, etc. that are pregnant this time of year.
  • Babysitting for kids completed this past weekend. Check that off the list. (Daughter did not have to travel to New York over the Valentine's weekend...good news...but may have to fly out this week.)
  • Must finish the magnetic photo hanging project that I started. Too many small magnets lying around waiting to accidentally erase PC stuff. In order to save money, I tried to do it myself and have ended up purchasing and re-purchasing parts thus costing even more than the pre-made kit would have cost. (I never learn.)
  • Considering planning a March trip somewhere...again just considering...craving a change of scenery. Must do some Internet surfing.
  • It is really hard to get 50 brand new one dollar bills from your bank...I know I have tried for days! These days banks only have dirty money. (A belated birthday addition for my baby brother.)
  • Planning a budget for the deer fence installation. One determined deer caught his/her head in the wire cage I had placed so carefully around the new smoke bush and dragged the cage into the yard before freeing themselves. They had pruned the smoke bush cleanly insuring I will get no smokey blossoms this year!
  • Finished The Time Traveler's Wife but found this love story very heavy and too depressing to pass on to hubby to read. Don't know what to do with the book now. Ditto feelings on Revolutionary Road, but for some reason liked it much more.
  • Must drag out all my 8 to 10 swimsuits, many over a decade old, and decide if indeed I should purchase new suits for the "Cruise." (I have decided to focus on photography during this cruise and therefore won't feel so anxious...I have other reasons for anxiety that have nothing to do with my looks in a swimsuit...like being confined with members of 5 different families on a boat and being encouraged to play competitive games. I am like Oprah and would like to hide in the closet at the Kennedy compound.)
  • Caulk all the trim work where it is separating--5 rooms. Done! See, I am not a total procrastinating couch potato.
  • Post process all the Valentine's weekend photos. That was fun.
  • Off to 'cut brush' and pull weeds this afternoon...one of the very few things I have in common with our prior president.

8 comments:

  1. you seem to be a very busy woman :)

    by the way, where are you cruising? :)i'm afraid i haven't read about it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kikit, I am going on a Disney cruise to Nassau...only 4 days with other relatives and kids. I am NOT a cruise person...prefer staying in a hotel with the ability to hike or bike or drive and get away from it all...so we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your comment on Hilary's blog and wanted to pop in and say hi. I know I've been a stranger of late: life's been a whirlwind of change, and it's left me with a lot less time to read my faves. No surprise that some folks have drifted off.

    Keeping my fingers crossed that life will calm down enough in the days to come so that I can get some quality blog reading done a little more regularly.

    The cruise sounds divine. Disney's ships are big enough that I'm sure you'll be able to get away from it all whenever you wish. I'm sure your pictures will, as always, be divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm worn out just reading about all you have to do. Sounds like you have a lot of fun planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Hawaiian blessing, very cool! Tahoe is beautiful right now, really. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I've done that cruise and it's swarming with rugrats. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have huge to do lists and every weekend, I never seem to get anything crossed off the list. by the time I do errands, etc., It's Monday and back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmi, must get back to reading blogs I have left by the wayside.

    Marla, when you retire, you will still have undone lists but more time to enjoy the weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.