Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life Story Addendum to #26



I was doing some spring cleaning, dusting shelves, and pulled one of the ancient photo albums aside and decided to look for this photo. A picture being worth more words than my rudimentary descriptions can convey, this is the front of the apartment building in the prior life story post and this is the little dog a year or two earlier, when we got him as a pup. The other dog in the photo has adopted us, as many of them did while we lived there.

As I look at the face of this young woman, I must admit that I am surprised by the set of her jaw and the squint in her eyes. I did not see myself as a strong person, but this photo conveys something different I think. We never quite see ourselves as we really are, do we?

12 comments:

  1. What never ceases to amaze me is how different folk's life stories, however diverse they may be, never fail to resonate somehow with the same truths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave. Your photo is a good one, and definitely shows a resolution in the set of your jaw - and a very nice face it was!!

    I also like the little round puppy belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabor is smiling at Kenju's comment...the puppy probably had worms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we don't. We don't see our accomplishments that others see; we do see our failures that others don't. Overall, I think we come out a little less than even.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so true. Many of struggle with those differences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the photo of you. You don't appear to look real happy, it must be that serious look that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the set of your jaw. You were probably thinking "If this dog pees on me...so help me...!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, you look pretty serious. I'm thinking Peruby is right about the fear of the pup peeing on you. That's what I would have been thinking.

    Regardless of the stern look you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Bill that we do not see our accomplishments as others see them and we sure see our failures. You look very strong in this picture. This picture probably brought back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look strong and beautiful. I hope that you still see that now. Grey and wobbly parts can never hide who we are. That reminds me, I need to dye my beautiful hair. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tabor
    You did NOT have a

    "a little round puppy belly"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. laura ingalls comes to mind. i imagine it took some strength to get through much of those times. wonder how many memories this one photo brings up.

    thanks for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.