Saturday, March 21, 2009

Through a Photographer's Eyes

There are many breathtaking visits that happen with blogging. Experiences and thoughts and ideas and photos that would or could not exist without such an easily accessible format. Just a few years ago, all this would have been impossible. The world indeed has become a much smaller place and I think that is good for us. I think it helps us see we are part of something much bigger, and even thus, we are much more powerful than we think.

I am fascinated by the art and science of photography and photographers have tremendous responsibility when they capture a photo to tell a story. Here is a terrific example.

Kinglake: One Month After Black Saturday

8 comments:

  1. Very true Tabor! Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 AM

    There's a reason people say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." While I am constantly amazed at the power words hold, and the good or damage they can do, I am even more amazed at what a photo can say while not uttering a single one.

    That was really an incredible story Tabor. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, indeed, tabor. thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halfway through the viewing, I realized my hand was over my mouth. I was aghast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:08 AM

    It seems like a lot of responsibility to know so much about the world. I remember learning years ago that Native American's only concerned themselves with the medicine wheel of about an 8 mile radius of where they lived. But there is no going back to anything like that in today global one world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo. The blooming and the start of new life and the yellow adding shining light to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible photography. Thanks for the link. It takes something like this to show the magnitude of the disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating blog, which I have only just now discovered. I shall certainly be coming back.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.