Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Abundance

A number of years ago Oprah was promoting the use of a personal journal in which we recorded all the things in our life that made our lives rich and full. Clearly we all lived lives of abundance, but just needed to make that more concrete by recording it daily. I actually kept an 'abundance journal' for a short while, but like many New Year's resolutions it fell by the wayside years ago.

This house is for sale. It is actually a three-house compound on an island in the river near where I live. If you know someone who has a few million to spare, let them know about this abundant opportunity.

This sailboat belongs to one of my neighbors. It was brand new when purchased almost a year ago. To my knowledge, it has never been released from the dock and used except to sit on the back deck while at dock and watch the sunset on rare evenings! My husband would love to own a sailboat, but that is an abundance we will never have.

For the next few months I do not have to buy cut flowers from anyone else. My yard is providing me with so much abundant beauty.

10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! We all need to be reminded of our own abundance from time to time.

    ps - I have sent a check for the down payment on that compound. I've started packing my stuff up here. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently give focus to abundance as well.

    The flowers ...are the best thing aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, I shall start on my second million any day now. Sadly, I gave up on my first.
    You have an abundance of humour, good spirits, talents, and all the nature (apparently) on the doorstep anybody could wish for. Lucky you.

    I hardly dare ask, but in which state do you live? I follow your wonderful nature trips, look at your gorgeous pictures and would love to know, at least very roughly, just where all this abundance could be found.

    If you'd rather not say, I'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is always an abuncance of entertainment:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abundance. What a beautiful word.

    I love the house on the island. Seems peaceful and romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An abundance of love is the most precious thing of all. I do not lust after sailboats or mansions on islands any more.

    I think nature's abundance is priceless. And your abundant garden gives you beautiful flowers.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lovely photos are an abundance of their own, the water, the flowers, the sky. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is much to be thankful for - even if we don't think we have an abundance of it. I kept a gratitude journal for a while, too, and I found it last week after not seeing it for years. It was an eye-opener.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful cut flowers! this has been a hard year for me to think about abundance in relation to anything other than pain, sorrow, fear, and anxiety. hopefully that will shift soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are just beautiful.. and I suspect you're happier to be surrounded with an abundance of nature than an expensive boat that never goes anywhere. I know I would be.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.