Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #27 --- Litany of Too Much to Process

Apologizes ahead of time for this boring post...


  1. I took my granddaughter from her mother on Thursday morning having been childless at this house in the woods for too long. This was both totally exhausting and totally exhilarating at the same time. Daughter was generous to give her up since Wednesday had been her first day home in some time.
  2. My daughter was involved in a bankruptcy take-over in another state last week involving mucho dollars. She worked from 8:00 A.M. until late into the evening most days with only minutes for lunch and dinner. Since guards were stationed round the clock they wanted to finish their work as fast as possible. She was assisting with the computer forensics activities and was surprised to find how 'sloppy' or 'conniving' businesses are in tracking and evaluating their valuables. Some real valuables were found sitting under the computers!
  3. My son was asked to go on national tour with another band last month and had the good sense to turn them down.
  4. Overheard during an evening dinner party was a story about an argument between a representative from an insurance company talking to a very high level lawyer for the CIA regarding some argument over a settlement. Seems the CIA lawyer indicated that they could make this someone's life very miserable if they wanted without regard for the law. I know this 'someone' and he is just a young honest career dude trying to do his job. Didn't hear enough to know if it was under this administration or the one before. This scared me as I thought most of this stuff was over-hyped in movies.
  5. Having both grandchildren over the weekend was also a more than full session which included rubber pool swimming, squirt gun fights, big pool swimming, kite flying, crab catching, baby fish catching, caterpillar watching, tomato picking and beaching.
  6. My daughter was feeling sick Sunday morning and joked that maybe she was pregnant...I guess my reaction was too startling as she immediately suggested it was probably just eating too many fresh tomatoes and fresh sweet corn.
  7. Found and removed the tiniest tick from my husband's back yesterday. It was the size of an 11 point period! This has been the very worst year ever! If one of us does not get Lyme's, it will be a miracle.
  8. Continuing to read a rather slow, plodding book that I started last week and am wondering why I don't have the courage to put it down and start on something I might enjoy? (Actually I finally did put this book into the give-away box after reading to the very middle.)
  9. My refrigerator/freezer is stuffed with leftover homemade blackberry/peach cobbler, a homemade clementine cake, a watermelon and some ice cream...too many ways to get fat(ter).
  10. Two weekends ago I had house guests on Saturday and Sunday for boating and wine touring and barely got the house cleaned in time and the sheets changed for the next weekend's visitors.
  11. This past weekend, as I wrote above, was a two-day / two-night visit from my daughter and her two little ones. Toys and crumbs are still being found everywhere.
  12. This coming Friday I will prepare a dinner for a visiting business friend from Korea, and Sunday I will drive up to the city for my granddaughter's second birthday party and that is the easiest of the busy weekends coming up.
  13. I invited someone down to the house for a visit soon and then found that I am booked solid with stuff until the third week in September. Why don't I just keep my big mouth shut?
  14. In spite of this post, I really am NOT the social butterfly that it seems. Looking forward to 10 days of alone time when hubby takes off for Hawaii next month.


15 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! One day you open your day timer and go "What the Hell? I don't have a free week-end until ..."

    It's maddening!

    This post was not in the least bit boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rich life it is you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boring? HA! Not at all....but, I am totally exhausted after reading your hectic schedule. : )

    Ah, Hawaii....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your post was quite interesting. You have been a buzz with people lately.

    Oh, and why aren't you going to Hawaii with your husband?

    I will also have some alone time this coming week. My husband will be in Florida for a whole week for a class related to his job.

    I enjoy my solitude also. It gives me a chance to just sit still and be quiet within myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh......you are a social butterfly. Your hours are full of shared delight, and dinners consist of fresh fruits and delights. Never boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never have kept up with your busy schedule. One set of house guests a month would have done me in.

    I admire your stamina and - yes- courage to be such a good hostess. Perle Mesta (Sp? _It's been a long time since I saw her name)would be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that was not boring....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not boring at all!! You are not going to Hawaii with hubby?? I sure would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, i would feel like i was still employed if i had to deal with even half of your schedule! all that busy work is not for me. i am too lazy or too solitary for such activity. hubby and i spend most of our weekend time together ALONE in our quiet world. we have no requirements about when to get up or go to bed. we don't even eat on a schedule. i imagine our weekends would bore you to death! having guests over for the night means we'd have to shift gears and consider someone else's needs. that requires serious contemplation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boring post? No way! I agree with Sarah Lulu, you have a rich and fun life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting life you are living there in the deep woods.

    I enjoyed reading about your daily activities.

    And I agree about the boring book. I just finished one "Songs For The Missing"and when I got to the end I said,"Why did I waste my time with that dull book"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, you are more social then you realize. Now I am the loner.
    Love it!!! From October until first of year - it will be different.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was not bored in the least. You have been enjoying summer. I promise I'm going to start blogging after goofing off on FB. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joe has been away so much lately, to the point that I actually felt bored for the first time in a long time and imagined that I was a widow. I think it means I've reached a certain limit. I usually love it but enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, sometimes we have these moments. Too many things to share but to little time to organize our thoughts. :) Enjoy your "ME" time Tabor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.