Sunday, September 13, 2009

Summer Flying By

(Here I am in the cold mountains of Colorado and yet able to post something to my blog! Cool!)





All of these beauties graced my front yard on the day I loaded my car with suitcases to leave on this trip. They danced and danced across the grass and with each other. They will probably not be here when I return, but knowing the transience of life, I am prepared for some new beauty in nature to tuck in for a while. (This should be on my other blog, I know.)

9 comments:

  1. These butterflies are gorgeous. Sometimes I am amazed at all the beauty that we can see if we just look around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nature's gifts are grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but #'s 2 & 3 are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buckeyes are one of my favorite butterflies, and I haven't seen one yet this season. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. It's nice that you captured them on film before leaving on your trip.

    What part of Colorado will you be visiting? I was born in and spent my first 35 years in Colorado Springs. Not exactly in the mountains, but at the foot of Pikes Peak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you were able to see them before you left. Even gladder that you shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could look at butterflies all day. And soon they will all be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you to capture these wonderful shots before you left.
    I've seen very few butterflies here this summer, and have noticed that lots of other bloggers have said the same thing. I guess they didn't like our cool, wet summer and spent their days elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.