Thursday, September 24, 2009

Virtual Reality

In my brilliance I turned in my PC two days before my 10-day trip. I naively thought that they could poke and prod at their leisure and I even more naively thought I would have a message waiting for me on my phone regarding the PC when I returned.

HA! I repeat HA!! Only the squeaky wheel gets oiled and it took a trip to the store followed by a phone call to learn that Dr. Nerdo Repairwomen was working on it as I talked to her on the phone. They had had my computer for almost 11 days by this time! She was running diagnostics yesterday and since she is off today I will not learn anything until Friday...after 2:oo PM which is when she comes in to work.

I am glad that I am rich enough to be liviing in a house with a hubby that also has a laptop computer...which I hate. People who can use these will develop carpel and marpel and whatever before the computer overheats on their lap.

I have started to catch up on email, but am not considering any serious posting on Blogger until my baby gets back home. Maybe tomorrow I will start reading some blogs...it is dark and scary down here in the basement (where I banish my husband and force him to work in his office...).





10 comments:

  1. Ugh! Dependency on computer repair technicians is not fun.

    Come out of the basement and head towards the light.....

    Hope you had a good time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your baby will be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home! bring the laptop upstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carpal and marpal! Love it. At work we used to have a desktop and a laptop because we had to travel so much. Now the laptops slip into a docking station. The station has a regular keyboard, mouse and monitor. When we want to go out on the road we just disconnect our laptop and go. Best of both worlds.

    Welcome back. It should not have taken that long for your computer. That is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so sympathize. My computer....only recently surplanted, is still weeks into its stay at the computer shoppe. My other half made a basic error and said we weren't in any hurry to get it back. Grrrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How serious are the withdrawal symptoms? Should YOU also a repairman/woman? I can lend you a screwdriver.

    Hope you and your baby will soon be up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. blast it! add 'see'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate when my laptop is on the blink, and in the repair shop!! I am completely dysfunctional until I get it back and don't know what to do with myself. Quite an addiction I guess!

    I think you should bring the laptop upstairs, sit next to a window, and work while you enjoy the beautiful outdoor view.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate using laptops, too, unless I attach a mouse to them. It's too much wasted motion!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Computer technicians are on my 'Bah! Humbug' list. My computer is doing some very weird things and I need help, but I just can't bring myself to spend a day with someone in India who usually makes things worse. ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.