Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last time...I promise


I am still fiddling with my PC and trying to get my photo software packages to work like well-behaved children instead of Monk. (If you don't watch TV you will not get that statement.)

Jarielyn
said she had luck by calling support for her new laptop. Being old at this game, that thought never occurred to me!  That gave me visions of bathing in ice water.  I had the experience in past of waiting on hold for hours and then patiently waiting while the tech on the other end walked me through all the things I had already tried...again!


Two cute little bugs that I have never seen before and which I corrected by searching the web were:  my apostrophe key defaulting to the search box at the bottom of the screen and not typing the apostrophe in the text of the emails.  For several days I have avoid using contractions and possesives...but found  on the web a toggle fix using the numlock key.

The second interesting bug was my camera (Canon EOS) would not download photos...kind of REALLY REALLY annoying as you know how much I love diddling with my photography.  Well some geck online found that if you reset the camera menu to downloading to a printer instead of the PC this will work in Windows 7.  Don't you just love how Microsoft's mind works?


Now I must figure out why my microchip ports on the front of the PC are not lighting up or being recognized when I put memory chips in them.  They were working just fine a few days ago.

One thing Windows 7 has accomplished...fewer readers to my blog.  Who wants to read this stuff!  But my blog is where I get it off my chest...I was going to write a Bagman comment here about my chest...but I will refrain and go get another cup of coffee instead.

4 comments:

  1. Being that I will probably be using 7 eventually, I want to read it. I had no idea there were this many problems. Most of my techs in the schools are still running XP.

    What an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what you're really saying is that you have to be a Microsoft geek to figure out how to work around Canon's logic.. and several other things. I thought Windoze 7 was supposed to be such a smooth transtion.. like a Mac! ;)

    I hope most of your troubles are behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging onto my XP now for dear life!!!!

    This is too scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dread new computer stuff. I just got mine back from the shop (needed a new power pack) and am happy to have found a guy who fixes them AND does house calls. I'm not trying to empty some stuff out because my computer is like my overstuffed closet. Need a better plan for long term storage.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.