Friday, January 22, 2010

Waxwing Update



 A note from our rescue lady:

"Update on the Cedar Wax Wing:  with several weeks of small cage rest the bird started flying from side to side, I moved the little guy out to a much larger cage and back into the weather. The bird was doing really well eating lots of his favorites, blueberries, and just about any kind of fruit. I was planning to give you a call about releasing it back down your way but…. it took off on me when I was taking something into the cage. I am sure it will do just fine; it was well feed and strong and flew up into the trees. Thank you for taking your time to help this bird and getting it to me, I am glad that it was able to be returned to the wild."

(Above are four---yes four--- waxwings hanging in the holly.  I have never seen waxwings there before and they let me get quite close to take a photo today, the same day I got the email.  I am thinking this is an omen.)

7 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    Thanks for the update. Devorah and I were just talking about Zorro. I hope (s)he is OK. A beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was healthy and well fed for its escape. Look at them; aren't they just perfection. I wonder what they sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have lovely coloration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the update!! I am so glad that Zorro has flown the nest and is thankfully healthy and on his own. Wonderful!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. They might be looking for their friend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an omen for sure :) Glad to know Zorro had grown well and strong before flying free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four? At first, I thought it was a joke picture, like the one of an empty room that says 'there are three ninja in this room'....but I finally saw one. And maybe two.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.