Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Leaving Florida with a Few Questions



This is the view from the window of the condo where we stayed.  We did not get the (more) expensive ocean view side, but the view of the marina was nice.  The problem here is that for miles and miles and miles...what used to be marsh or scrub or wild land is now houses, all the way to the freeway inland!  With this kind of growth, what is to become of this state?  




After we unpacked we saw this sign on the back of the condo door.  We were scratching our heads because in the photo below THIS is where the sprinkler heads were....





What on earth does this mean?  Clearly they have some very tall tourists or some amazing rock star parties.




Well, Florida, you did not give us warm weather, but we will visit again soon with our grandchildren and I expect you to be on better behavior.

11 comments:

  1. What a view from your window. Will there be open spaces in the future? I long for the little mom and pop motels on the ocean. You could walk for miles on the shore.
    Told my son I wanted this. His answer "they do not exist anymore".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful views!! We just got back from Florida and it rained almost the entire time we were there. Darn it!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Woman, they do exist on Anne Marie island. Lots of little places instead of the big high rises. We have stayed at the Queen's Gate a number of time and liked. NOt fancy but just across the street from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And did I tell you how much I enjoy your new picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about that last picture. Don't track too much sand home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter had much of the same weather, I hope your next trip has more sun..ugh..

    Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you had a nice view....I love your new photo. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems a lot of places that normally enjoy mild winters were cold this year. Brrr from Dorset,UK, where it is only just warming up and the daffodils are four weeks late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worrying, interesting and amusin g by turns. A really good post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the new look of your blog. It's much more inviting. I like the new smiling picture of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great view. Too bad the weather wasn't great but at least it was dry indoors .. thanks to your following the sprinkler head advice.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.