Friday, May 28, 2010

Moving in and Out.

Cleaning out the garage the other day I decided to wash out all those buckets and containers full of gardening stuff.  Resealed or re-wrapped all the bags of fertilizer and growth enhancers.  I re-wound my balls of string and collected some plant identifiers for my files.  After a thorough cleaning, I painted the handles of the brown garden tools a fluorescent green primarily to use up some leftover paint on the shelves.  Then I took those pruning shears and others with moving parts and proceeded to cover them with W-D 40 to stave off new rust.  I even spent some time sharpening the edges of the cutting tools!  Well, pat me on the back!


I keep a small green plastic wastebasket full of plastic stakes and small bamboo poles in the corner by the garage door and it was full of stuff so I decided to empty it all out onto the lawn and get things really organized.  The item in the photo below fell out on the lawn as I began my project.  Nice to see I had some temporary spring (winter?) neighbors!





14 comments:

  1. Wow! What dedication to being organized. I'll bet your closets are color coded and your spices are arranged alphabetically.

    I probably would have shrieked when that snake dropped out. I know I did so once when I found a garter snake in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put me to shame! Joe just came across a very long intact snake skin while staying over at Primland Resort (eco-resort with Native theme). He took it as snake medicine totem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:35 PM

    I found a snake skin in an old clay pot a few years ago, while cleaning up my gardening area of the cellar. Never did see the snake, but sure worried about it coming up the stairs.

    That is going to be one of my next projects. We will be retiring soon, and I want everything cleaned out and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIKES!

    Good for you for cleaning and organizing, but next time, it could be a live snake or brown recluse spider. Be careful what you put your hands into!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It know it feels terrific to get organized! Cool snake
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. right, you've done yours, now come and do mine.
    I wouldn't know where to start.
    I had a look at the jumble in my own garden shed, what a mess! I'd love for it to be tidy.
    Maybe one day . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for thoroughly cleaning and organizing your gardening tools and supplies; I've been light dusting for over a month now (no time for the real thing) and picking up this and that around the yard (light maintenance). All I need is to find a snake or snake skin in my path so I can officially "lose it." lol

    PS - Nice photo at the end there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brave man. I do so admire heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you come to my house.... !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be wondering "Where is it?" and probably dream about it. Then I would be all nervous each time I went into the garage. I'd probably leave the doors open for weeks hoping it would leave, but probably invite more in.

    Hey, how many times can you use 'probably' in a sentence? Anyway, kudos to your cleaning and organizing. I need to get motivated.

    Are you going to save it for the grandkids to see?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you -- I admire your energy. I'm more of a 'where the heck did THIS stuff come from?' kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that would have been the end of it for me! ugh and shudder!

    patting you on the back however for all that tidying up

    ReplyDelete
  13. So doesn't that skin have you wondering just where the snake is now?

    You're far more ambitious than I would ever aspire to be. It would never occur to me to paint my tool handles!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.