Thursday, November 25, 2010

Post TG

Just a little update.  She appears to be a keeper and we are waiting with baited breath for a more serious announcement in the coming months.  Trying to be patient and realistic at the same time.

Well, I overcooked the turkey, but oddly it was delicious and I over-salted the mashed potatoes, and they were oddly enough quite edible as they went back for seconds.  No pumpkin pie this year, just her homemade chocolate chip cookies and my apple/cranberry cake which more than filled the bill for dessert.

Finished with board games and we gals beat the pants off the guys.  And really terrific...no football because no one was addicted that attended this year!  Just nice background music.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. I'm glad you like her.. that always helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Hilary said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Thank you for your message Tabor, it mean so much to me to hear from you. I really appreciate the love that you sent out to me.
    much love to you
    xxmichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re your comment/question: I get the lists from a local advert that masquerades as a newsletter. I don't know who makes them up or where they get the info - therefore I have no idea if they are all true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool that she's a keeper, and I think food cooked with love is usually good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful, delightful. So glad it was all a success. What fun. I too will wait with bated breath for news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds like you had a wondrous day. the background music is one of my favorite traditions - every year i search for more to add to the playlist. it must be so much fun to play board games. here, we just sit around and nod off!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.