Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday Thoughts #32---Very Small Happy Thoughts


The news has been so full of awful things, more awful than usual. Mother Earth has just shown us who is boss once again by slapping us up the side of the head and Mankind has shown that testosterone is highly overrated when trying to control a social Tsunami in a desert.  So here are some of my personal thankful thoughts helping me hold it together, small though they are, as I straddle this bridge of life.

1. Spring has moved into my yard and is unpacking scarves in the most magical of colors.
2. My daughter has not yet delivered baby #3 and thankfully it will be coming closer to the ready date.
3. My daughter's friend who has a sister who is a professional photographer actually asked me for some butterfly photos to decorate her daughter's bathroom.
4. I have not lost any weight but I am in very good health and not on any medications.
5. My son is still dating the same girl.
6. My grand-daughter called me this past weekend and begged me to come visit, which I did.
7. The bluebird is checking out the birdhouse just under the deck outside my bedroom window.
8. I have found a new hair dresser and she looks like she might be a keeper.
9. My husband kissed me yesterday morning in passing.
10. I have finished my income taxes.
11.  I have very special blog friends, in spite of the fact that I have not met them.
12.  This past trip I renewed and restored friendship with several long-time friends.
13.  I am alive.

I am sure on your gloomiest of days you can come up with a thankfulness list of 13 'small' things!


19 comments:

  1. Maybe a list of small happy thoughts is like the Richter scale, with each number being an exponential increase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to join you in no. 11. It makes such a difference to know that somebody is interested in our small thoughts.

    It's also a good thing to remember that there are a few positive things to list; the news is so uniformly dreadful at the moment that it is quite frightening. There is so much suffering.

    Re your question about Ludlow, it is a small town, with a wonderful, undamaged old core, but it has grown in recent years with the addition of fairly ugly and boring housing estates on the outskirts and has reached between 8-9ooo inhabitants now. It is my nearest shopping town, we actually live in a small community of between 7-800 inhabitants deep in he countryside. I like it, it is scenically ravishingly beautiful, but it can also be very claustrophobic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good list and if I weren't so sleepy from allergies and the meds taken for them, I might list my own. Meanwhile, I'll use yours! (although my granddaughter didn't ask me to visit :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Tabor. The disaster in Japan just breaks my heart... Mother Nature has brought grief to many people this past year--including those in Australia and New Zealand.

    I love your list, and it's true. We ALL can list some blessings in our lives at all times --even when the weather is bleak or when we are 'down'.....

    Keep us posted about your newest upcoming Grandbaby.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post. A great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news with your daughter, I'm so glad. And its a lovely sunny here in SE Washington. Warmer outside than in. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 13 Happy Thoughts: good for you, and they aren't so small after all. A few of these are happy thoughts for me as well.

    I hope that bluebird moves in and you are able to snap some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this big smile reminder! One good one right after the other. Your granddaughters demand to see you really hooked me in.

    Having someone feed the birds while you were away has paid off in bluebirds. My own bird feeder is empty. Going to rake out my first flower garden so I can enjoy the purple crocus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to that new little one arriving. Very small happy thoughts are the best kind.
    You make me smile
    Thank you for your online friendship...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always good to remember and acknowledge the happy events.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful list of happy thoughts!!!! I am happy to have friends like you in my life!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post. It is refreshing. My favorite of the 13 was number 9:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful set of happy thoughts - hope you don't mind if I copy it sometime soon. It's much more positive than the one I had thought of doing, which was to share some of my more negative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. RYN: You bet. I long to reach for that book on my nightstand. Long......

    I did get the two pieces off to the Writers Digest, and when I am done with this note will start back in on the photo album. You would be proud of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice post!
    It spire me to make a list,
    even only for my own, even only mentally.

    Have a pleasant Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely thoughts. good quiet moments counted help offset the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Tabor, these were pleasures to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These aren't very small to me, especially since they put a big smile on my face. :). How wonderful that your daughter is having a baby soon! I almost wish I could be in her shoes... or rather, yours. Oh to squish a brand new baby!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.