Saturday, April 23, 2011

What Can I Say?



What a strange feeling for someone who has been known for talking too much...to actually, factually, and tactually run out of things to write.

I could write about my inability to fit with Easter, although I have tried for decades to believe in this.  It just ain't gonna happen and writing about it will only alienate those for whom it is a deeply important personal time.  I could write about needing a Manners Manual for what to do when your family wants you to come for Easter and in the middle of the day they are planning on going to mass.  ( I was baptized Catholic but raised myself as a Methodist and raised my children the same.)  Now I am just a spiritual wanderer, happy when others pray for me, but not expecting any miracles.

I could write about the tease and temptress that spring is.  Going from 49F in the midday to 80F on another midday and me doing a plant dance of covering and then uncovering and then watering and then sheltering from too much rain all the little plants that I want to survive this year.  They are pushing their leaves against their plastic lids!!

I could write a long treatise on my plant ignorance having learned two days ago at a training session that sugar maple trees are most foolish to plant in the mid-Atlantic as Maine is even having problems keeping them alive as the weather warms more each year.

I could write about how I miss my husband but now that I have less than a week until he returns, I am a little sad about losing my independent days and the freedom of odd meals and even odder mealtimes.

Or, I could just be lazy and say I have nothing to write about!  Your turn.




13 comments:

  1. I have nothing to commment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who didn't have anything to say, you did very well. Easter is a mystery to me, kind of a gruesome holiday in terms of the religious iconography. And the Easter bunny is just sooo odd, although I do have a weakness for marshmallow chocolate eggs.
    It's funny that you are now looking forward to hubby's return, but not the flexible routine that you area about to lose. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life, thoughts, feelings seem to be a conundrum. Mine too....I always want what I used to have....

    Like Kerry, you seem to say a lot when you have nothing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right beside you ...
    Also like Beverly - sometimes want what use to be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I'm hitched, I kept on thinking about our dinner every night. That's why I love the line, "the freedom of odd meals and even odder mealtimes" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could comment but reading your honest words was enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there (am there) -- done that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll let you know when I can talk again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a wonderful weekend surrounded with family and friends. My DIL and I went to see Water for Elephants. Great movie for sure! Loved it!
    Easter for me is a time for renewal and reflection and this doesn't happen for me at any church! Just sayin'!
    As far as I am concerned...the task has been completed.
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easter can be a hard time because so much seems to depend on believing something that seems unbelievable. All I can suggest is that you look for signs of renewal and resurrection around you - that is the authentic and ongoing hope of Easter. Every Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Considering you had nothing to say, you did a fine job of finding a subject! (or three)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally, I've been posting lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How say nothing in 303 words or less... You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.