Monday, July 11, 2011

Writing in the Third Person

Trying to keep track of her is like trying to keep track of that annoying summer fly in the bedroom while you are reading.  She buzzes in and then she buzzes out...creating an annoying distraction.  What on earth has she been up to?  She has at least a dozen half-read books scattered across her nightstand... symptomatic of a scattered brain.



Last time I saw her she was out in the garden staking plants that had been pummeled in the inch of rain deluge the night before.

Then 30 minutes later she was squashing Japanese beetles with her bare hands!  Yuck!

Then, just after that, she had her camera in hand and was adding ANOTHER 100 flower photos to her million plus files, hoping to find something that will attract attention on the Internet.

Now she is staring at the pile of laundry with her hands on her hips.

She should be making reservations for her fall trip to Colorado and Utah.  (OMG!  Does that mean we must suffer through  more photos?)  She should be planning the menu for the end of July trip with family to Hilton Head.  She most certainly should be exercising so that she does not resemble the beached whale in the swim suit when she gets there.

I give up...where is she now?  She is due for another blog post.

8 comments:

  1. Oh for heaven's sake, Tabor, give her a break.
    She'll get there in the end, you just wait and watch.

    Besides, what exactly does it have to do with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading an article in The Parade Magazine by the author Pat Conroy. He spoke of his early reading days; how his family spent hours reading at the lake during the summer. And now, years later, he still spends hours reading, mentioning how his "days have taken on the dimensions of a lifelong vacation."

    I was so envious. I'd love to spend hours reading all my half-read books. Yet, I am still in a season of raising my children, and would not want to rush that away.

    To sum up - it must be a man-thing. Why can't we (women)relax more and let life kind of just happen sometimes?

    I get what you're saying and feeling.

    It's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's at that age(finally) where she just needs to be a bit of a Southern Matriarch and let others do the worrying...besides she's more than earned that privilege...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, sounds much more organized than me. I've spent the last two hours looking for my camera - to no avail. Accomplished nothing in between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And she did a pretty good job of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see all the photos. All ten thousand mountain peeks and valleys. The green river valley in Utah is a magic place. Down a long dirt road, far, far away at the end is a log cabin a most unusual woman once lived which is now a park you can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that three times just to see if I'd chuckle in the same spots. I hit them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so look forward to the photos of far away places. My life is equally scattered and i like it like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.