Monday, August 08, 2011

Married Over 40 Years...Who Knew?

My grandchildren are blessed with more than any child needs.  They are being raised by responsible parents who help them develop a good value system, but they still get a large amount of whatever they want.  I asked daughter what to get my little gal who will turn 4.  She suggested two Barbie videos which I ordered over the net.

One arrived before our trip and the next after we got back.  The second one was "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" in case you were interested and are still reading this post.  It arrived with a rattle and when I opened the package I discovered the case lock had been broken and was rattling around inside.  I looked at the DVD and saw it looked scratched on edge in several places.  Therefore, I had to run it to make sure it was not damaged.  An hour of  watching lovely princess types with perfect flowing hair and perfectly fitted clothes sing and dance their way through life is much more than I can handle, so I put it on and ran it in the background while I went upstairs to work on photos.  I could hear if it was working correctly from there.

About 40 minutes later I wandered down the stairs to get something to drink and saw my husband sitting on the sofa, watching the animated feature...watching...really... I was speechless and like a good sport, I did not say a word!  I did drop a hint on FB...;-)

16 comments:

  1. Grandchildren. They are very versatile. Our Nate played with a snail and a ladybug. Our Miles with some gravel and a big rock. For AGES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know he has a soft, feminine side. Or wait.... is that a second childhood? [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you ARE a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all men like animated movies. Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's a cartoon. I bet you shook your head and giggled when you went back upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That definitely brought a laugh from me. Men!!!!! What they will do is surprising sometimes!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gave me a good giggle! Then my eyes watered because it is kind of touching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny, and I have caught my husband in a similar situation. Or maybe he was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone think he might have been lusting in his heart for Barbie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. I was just sitting here grinning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I just got on Facebook... How do I find you?

    Someone said that my wrens were auditioning for the Rockettes... ha ha

    I notice my hubby watching some 'children's things' also on TV at times.. Funny, aren't they????? HEE-MEN of course!!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. any guy will fall for a princess - a Barbie princess is even better, what with her magical, impossible proportions...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure he was just stunned, aghast, stupefied, unable to move,frozen by the sheer sugary sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so good. I would not have been able to resist having a little fun with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, perhaps he was thinking of writing an essay on American pop culture. This was a serendipitous research opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so funny. I do think I would have been unable to avoid teasing him about it. You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Priceless image and great set-up!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.