Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another American Holiday


I sometimes have holidays filled with guests, friends and relatives. Some holidays are quiet as I try to get through them by avoiding the crowds.  I am having a reasonable sized group of the above this year for Thanksgiving and started the shopping and cooking yesterday.  It is so much easier since I no longer work!  I am doing all the traditional cooking and decorating and planning and working into the traditional frenzy of a love/hate project.

Thus, I have decided to provide a link to a more subdued Thanksgiving that I posted about a while back, just to let you know that there are no best ways to celebrate a holiday.   It is usually whatever works and we just have to go with the flow.

Go to the link below for our box lunch.
Box Lunch.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving, Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my TGD may be heading more toward one like you linked to, only 2 of us rather than 3. :/ We did have a sort of open-endedn invite to the neighbors but without the time and what, if anything, we could bring to share...hmmmm, well it's almost Noon on TGD Eve, and we have heard no more from them, sooooo I may just throw my bird in the oven in the a.m., build up a fire, and stay home. :) Actually, that sounds really good to me. Being the youngest of 9, having survived 55 years of LOTS of people, I do enjoy my solitude. ;D Happy Thanksgiving, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the food, the company, and the decorations. Then get a good rest. Isn't amazing that we once pulled off the holidays as working women?

    ReplyDelete
  4. David is working.

    The kids are in MN(where we all used to live. We left them there 4 years ago). And will be with the xtended family(think Lake Wobegone)

    I'll be making Shepherds Pie.

    And mulching leaves while riding my lawn tractor. (A Fall project that never got "projected"). Temps in the 60s.

    What a great Thanxgiving! Have a good'un!


    Temps in the 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A box lunch is sounding better and better to me!! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you, your family and friends have a Very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you survived your love hate relationship with the holiday. We had an unusually quiet day followed by a very good meal. Hugs and thanks for the note.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A quiet Thanksgiving or any quiet holiday celebration is fine with me as long as my kids are all having lots of fun with their celebrations.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.