Sunday, January 29, 2012

In Denial?

Now that I have made my readers (the handful that keep coming back for more of this pap) all anticipatory, I am feeling a little guilty.  But it is the writer's goal to get readers hooked on the next post ...right? 

My purchase, that expensive foot covering, designed in Switzerland, comes in the following styles:  Safari Plus, Rocky Plus, and Rocky High. From these names you might assume that it is an 'active wear' item.  Mountain climbing or desert hiking, perhaps?  Mine also comes with an accessory to make sure I have a custom and comfort fit, indicating I can wear such style for a long time with no fatigue.  One of the reasons for the expense.

The Safari Plus is a perfect fit for me because I like to walk like an Egyptian and most people who know me will tell you that I am frequently in De Nile.  Ooops.  Sorry.  I know.  Pretty painful.  And, no I have not had several glasses of wine...just my second cup of coffee this morning.  I can write stupid quite well without alcohol, thank you.

(Quit stalling, Tabor, and post the damned photo, already!)



Notice the solid construction, the sleek lines and the fancy accessories and stitching.  Needless to say I only bought one and actually Medicare paid for it...after waiting for 15 minutes for my doctor to call the powers that be and get permission.  Last year my insurance would have covered it without incident, but now that Medicare must be my primary insurance I must be more suppliant.


This is the air pump that makes the boot customizable.  Now, since I actually own this piece of crap stunning hardware/software, I am thinking of going to the store for glitter paint and flower stickers to customize it even more.  I have to wear it for (at least) the next six weeks.  I am soooo excited.  Imagine all the small talk conversation starters I now have!  Imagine how many times I get to tell the same story over and over and over!  And even better, wait until my children see this and begin the lecture of "I told you so!"  I am not telling them.  Although my ever so honest husband will delight in sharing the news.

Okay...enough complaining.  At least I have avoided any surgery and/or the worse-case-cast.


17 comments:

  1. Well that isn't what I was expecting. Ha!!
    That is some shoe!!
    Glad it will help you avoid surgery!!
    I vote for you to add bling for sure!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like with two of them you could go ice skating...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was quite curious about the shoes and now I'm relieved to hear that you can avoid the surgery owing to the cool shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a shoe...would it be interchangeable from foot to foot or would you have to order another if your other foot needed help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I cracked my ankle, at least they had a wider range of colors in casts. I chose red. LOL Then again, mine wasn't as tastefully high teck as yours. Bravo for your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $600 and you only got one shoe?

    It looks very uncomfortable, but I'll take your word for it. I hope it works, and when you're done with it maybe it will be good for something else? It kind of looks like a piece of hockey equipment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How does that then balance with your other shoe? it looks like it'd be higher than an average boot or shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it is higher and this is an issue with hip and knee soreness when worn for long times, so I have to be careful and stay off my feet as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i laughed (just for a second!) when i saw what kind of shoe it is. if it's related to the medical field, it's no surprise it cost $600! at least medicare paid for it!! i like your notion of customization - and don't forget those stick-on rhinestones and pearls and all that other glitzy stuff. when you finish, can we have another picture, please? i'm trying to figure out how that even goes on your foot!
    ps: very glad you're avoiding surgery! - small victories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stick-on rhinestones must be in order. I had one of those and I bought a totally non-medical pair of platform (kind of a wedge)shoes to raise my other foot up to a similar height as it was so hard on my back and hips. Anyway hope it helps you heal, much better than surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew you were the Bionic Woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like something the military would have. Or at least NASA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shoes, Tabor!
    I am glad that with them you have avoided any surgery and also the cast.

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I suggest you have business sized cards printed telling the story. When someone asks just hand them a card. Too bad this wonderful contraption isn't a lighter color. You could have everyone who asks autograph it before you'll agree to tell the story. Seriously, best of luck to you in this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It may be a long 6 weeks trying to not explain what's going on at the market, but you'll live thru it.

    I had to wear an orthopedic shoe without any frills (basically a big, foam, flip-flop with velcro) for 6 months after I hurt my foot wearing heels at my Daughter's wedding, Never again- can't wear any heels! At least the software company I worked for then had carpeting- Now I'd not be allowed an open-toed shoe because it isin't safe.

    Good luck n may it work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whatever happened??? I have a boot, but not that kind. I might customize mine too, if it cost that much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, all those count as long as they bring a smile to your face. Even your mother in law's plate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.