Saturday, January 07, 2012

My List

I am one of those obnoxious people that makes one or two major New Year's resolutions and usually keeps them...at least for the year.  Thus I will list some big and small plans I have finally gotten around to formalizing this year.

  1. Get a pass on my ankle so that I can start exercising again.  (Already started this with an x-ray this past week and and getting MRI next.  My ankle really is mostly healed, but I still get stiffness and pain so want an okay to push it.)
  2. Continue to work on my Australia writing project...even when I think it is going nowhere.  Just look at it as an exercise for something better in the future!
  3. Learn how to process RAW files and use them!
  4. Re-learn all the features of my camera.
  5. Increase my efforts at volunteer work on a more regular basis instead of just when I want.
  6. Clean out at least one set of shelves in the basement while hubby is on a trip in February.
  7. Make those d*** drapes for the kitchen window before the fabric rots!
  8. Get everybody's birthdays written down in my calendar...I havestarted on this...I have a big family.
  9. Find money to finish the decorating in the master bedroom.
  10. PAINT the master bedroom.
OK.  Ten challenges are enough.  They are probably subconsciously in the order in which I will probably succeed or fail.  They are all fairly practical.  Nothing here on trying to be more patient, a better person, doing something nice anonymously for someone each day.  That sort of goes without saying...doesn't it?  As for losing weight, my goal is just to get more exercise and feel more energetic.  If the pounds decide to leave, that is OK, but I am not counting on it and it won't stop me from beginning an exercise routine if my ankle allows.

Finally, I want to thank each and every one of you who commented on my blog this past year.  If you are a lurker, please add your two cents, I will not bite.  All the rest of you have become special friends, and are closer to my heart than many people I actually know.  You are funnier, wiser and more honest and I will continue to read your posts.  I know this might say more about me and my ability to relate to real people than you...but!  (Special kudos to Hilary who is the blog hostess with the mostess as she sends readers here, there, and everywhere and added some readers to my blog this year.)  

19 comments:

  1. Are you sure you won't bite?

    Many of the items on your list are ones I did last year. First with three more friends dying of cancer this year, I committed to more hours at the Cancer Society. The curtains for both doors in the bedroom got done this last month as was the reupholstery of gramma's chair. Grampa's lamp was rewired and back in service. The only thing left in the bedroom is the crown molding. Imagine something done.

    I'm also committed to getting my five articles on Nazi stuff somehow.

    Best of all, the garage got really cleaned out, many books were sent off the the thrift store, and over half the christmas stuff was offed. Life is pretty kind right now.

    And, since I can't remember the other seven, I think whatever they are I have them covered. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Now that you've made a list and made it public I'm betting you complete your list with no problems. A list always helps, makes you more committed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive list. One I might have made 10 years ago. I have faith in you that you will follow through.
    Now I want to learn to pace myself.
    Stop my chores before I am exhausted. Eat healthy continue my early morning yoga. I want to continue to enjoy this dream come true that I was able to relocate
    to my special woods.
    This sounds so simple so I wonder why do I find it so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a very realistic and doable list. I don't generally make lists but am thinking about it this year. But maybe not 10 items ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo to your list. I never make any,lest I have to regret not keeping them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ho the list! I make lists for myself all the time, but not for anyone else, they help keep me on track. My mother always had lists for us as kids, and they had to be done... No slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to #4. I must spend more time learning more about my machine! And #3. I did start shooting in RAW semi recently. It's saved a few images which would have otherwise been trashed. It's a slow process but I'm enjoying it.

    Thank you so much for that kind shout out. You made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah- so many grand plans! I'd love to have time for stuff like that!
    I actually have a list on one typed sheet on the frig listing Bdays (name, date, year) marriage anniversaries, new births, n death anniversaries n seldom write on the calender. It's a one glance, there it is list, n quicker when updated in "month" order once in awhile (I write in new ones at the end). I find it most useful to figure out how old folks are getting, n in two columns fits alot on there. I used Word in Office.

    I like commenting, you're welcome. Tno we don't know bloggers in person, I think we can afford to be more genuine here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Tabor -- great resolutions. I hope you achieve all of them. And continue sharing them with your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is some list!!! Mine is one word...but it leads to a larger list. Ha. The word is complete.
    Complete the things I started in 2011.
    Sigh
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure I could sustain any list of resolutions for a whole year. I like to sometimes make a week long resolution, one that contains loop-holes, such as: "this week I'll try to finish 2 paintings, but if I only get one finished I haven't failed utterly."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made a list when I was getting ready to retire of things I wanted to do. I need to check that list to see how much I had accomplished. The biggest was to write a book and have it published...which I did last year. I sold about 40 copies plus I bought another 30 for friends and family. Seeing that paperback book with my name on it is a delight every single day.... And I got some very nice reviews and comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes a little nibble can be fun ;)

    I like your list and could actually ask myself to do many of your 10 as well

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you! I just discovered I can take video with my camera, I had no idea. So there is item one of my list of...well, one. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This seems like a sensible list. I hope you achieve everything. At least you are brave enough to make a list; I can never quite get myself to do this. Ten things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good list. You reminded me that I still have fabric purchased for my kitchen curtains and it is stored away. I must get that out also before it becomes unusable.

    My yearning is still great for a decent camera that will cover for the fact I ma a bad photographer. I envy your talent so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. RYN: You and Hillary are so funny. I amended my blog to read:


    "One rice casserole (made with bottled water), layered with Ortega peppers and jack cheese with a sauce of cottage cheese and sour cream….lite, with a tossed green salad and garlic bread. Heavy on fats and carbs, but delicious. Two meals from that…Monday and Wednesday…two pans too.

    Stuffed baked potatoes with minced zucchini and a dollop of sour cream, melon the side, and green beans steamed with bottled water then tossed with garlic in a little olive oil. Meal three on Tuesday using two pans and a bowl. I need four meals. Baked squash with a side of broccoli steamed with bottled water and an avocado and tomato salad.
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will have tap water and can eat out."

    LOL

    Now what's bland about your dinner, and how is your ankle?

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you make the list 12 you can do one every month. I get tired just reading it. Still trying to put away Christmas stuff. I brake for poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am borderline compulsive about the family birthday list. I put it on my calendar on my desk at home, on my daytimer at work and in my cellular phone calendar. It drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.