Sunday, May 06, 2012

Your Visions

In my prior post I wanted to see what my readers thought of as personal peace and beauty.  I also wanted to see how similar we might all be in our visions.  I thank those of you who were brave and honest enough to post an answer.  My little mental picture is written below.  I wrote the description before I posted the prior post and read your answers for an honest comparison.  It is interesting to see how similar many of us are in our need for water which I am sure psychologists will say has something to do with our mother's womb.  Most of us also needed the outdoors, and some of us our loved ones.  Granny was the adventurer and just wanted to be out and about and Peruby and Gigihawaii went back in time to a magic moment.


My vision:
The waters are like a mirror and it is end of a warm and sunny day.  Everything is now being bathed with golden and peachy light.  I see a friend returning in a kayak at the mouth of the river waving and I wave back.  I see another friend tacking his sailboat one last time into his dock.  I hear my grandchildren laughing and running down the hill to join me at the dock in watching the sunset with their parents talking quietly behind.  Birds are still singing but beginning to sing more calmly as they tuck in.  Hubby joins me and brings an iced tea for him and a glass of white wine for me.  We watch the shorebirds begin their flight away to safer areas for the night.  (I also have a nice little mutt that sits at my feet adoringly which is not true in real life.)

12 comments:

  1. I wrote my "perfect moment" years ago in response to an exercise in Barbara Sher's book Wishcraft. I have visited many times since then. Here it is.

    I am on the wooden deck of a mountain cabin. Sun light is filtering through the leaves above. It is warm and still and the sound of chirping insects fills the air. There are two deck chairs, some potted plants and a small table on the deck. A cat is sleeping in one of the chairs. Inside the cabin is dim and cool and a pot of stew is simmering on the stove. A small creek trickles below and runs into a cool, clear river further down. I hear laughter from that direction. I will be joining the others soon, but right now I am working on my laptop computer. A deadline and a pay check are waiting, but the work is going well and I am almost finished.

    In the distance, I see someone walking toward me. As she gets close, I am surprised to see my old friend. "Don't worry," she says, "others will come." She comments on my tan skin and slender figure. Laughing and talking quietly, we inspect the garden and stroll down the path toward the river.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this exercise very comforting. Here is a link to one of my two blogs with a post you might enjoy. Sorry to be a pest, but your blog inspired me. http://simplesundaysupper.blogspot.com/2010/09/apple-magpie-tales.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Sounds good to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if the desire to be by water is returning to the womb but I find watching and hearing water very relaxing....(except I could never stand those electrical fountains because they made me want to use the bathroom!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a painter I love still, reflective water but when I'm out in nature I like to hear and see the movement of water. I like to imagine where it's all going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound heavenly. Now I want to go back and add some stuff to what I said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the party, but wrote in your "experiment" before I read this post. Guess I followed the pattern with water and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting that there have never been people in my guided meditations of peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the real trick is to find perfect moments as often as possible, in the everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colleen your remarks have me thinking...because I usually like to be alone! I wonder what that is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I cut people off too much or protect myself from them. I think your place sounds very rich and you sound well adjusted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm never at peace with others present- they make me self-conscieous.
    in dream imagery, water stands for emotion. Seems most of us prefer calm waters in our visions.
    "Like a mirror" may infer you have no feelings to hide.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.